Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Steps to Downgrade to 4.0.1? GSM

OP ksc6000

15th January 2012, 02:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
649 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
While most people are loving the 4.0.2 update, I'm very disappointed. My battery life has gotten significantly worse, with the exact same usage patterns. No new apps or widgets installed.

I have unlocked my bootloader successfully. I've read through this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1419170 but it feels like they're not talking about the stock images here http://code.google.com/android/nexus/images.html , and are rather talking about the incremental updates.

I have the file that I want (ITL41F) downloaded. Can anyone post some step by step for me to install it and change my build.prop so that I stop getting that update notification?
Last edited by ksc6000; 15th January 2012 at 03:51 AM.
15th January 2012, 02:36 AM   |  #2  
krohnjw's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Plainfield
Thanks Meter: 531
 
1,980 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksc6000

While most people are loving the 4.0.2 update, I'm very disappointed. My battery life has gotten significantly worse, with the exact same usage patterns. No new apps or widgets installed.

I have unlocked my bootloader successfully. I've read through this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1419170 but it feels like they're not talking about the stock images here http://code.google.com/android/nexus/images.html , and are rather talking about the incremental updates.

I have the file that I want (ITL41F) downloaded. Can anyone post some step by step for me to install it?

Download the factory image.

Extract it

Open the script and run each fastboot command manually. Omit the -w flag on the last one unless you explicitly want to wipe.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
15th January 2012, 02:48 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
649 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Thank you. Can anyone show me how to change the build prop properly so that I can stop getting the update message?
Last edited by ksc6000; 15th January 2012 at 03:19 AM.
15th January 2012, 03:25 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Western Australia
Thanks Meter: 178
 
622 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
build.prop is in the system partition, which as an unrooted user, you will not have the necessary permissions in order to alter it.

ps.
Code:
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-maguro-...
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot flash radio radio-maguro-...
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot -w update image-yakju...
Last edited by zeekiz; 15th January 2012 at 03:28 AM.
15th January 2012, 03:30 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
649 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekiz

build.prop is in the system partition, which as an unrooted user, you will not have the necessary permissions in order to alter it.

ps.

Code:
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-maguro-...
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot flash radio radio-maguro-...
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot -w update image-yakju...

Thank you, I'm going to root to do it. After I do so, can you tell me how to edit the build prop appropriately?
15th January 2012, 03:57 AM   |  #6  
martonikaj's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 1,715
 
7,850 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Maybe I'm missing something here.. but if you're not happy with 4.0.2 and you're willing to go through the trouble of going back to 4.0.1, why not just flash 4.0.3?

Are you REALLY going to just stay on 4.0.1 for the rest of your time with the phone and never update?
15th January 2012, 04:02 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
649 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by martonikaj

Maybe I'm missing something here.. but if you're not happy with 4.0.2 and you're willing to go through the trouble of going back to 4.0.1, why not just flash 4.0.3?

Are you REALLY going to just stay on 4.0.1 for the rest of your time with the phone and never update?

It's my understanding that 4.0.3 is AOSP and is compiled into some custom ROMs....I want to stay as stock as possible...once 4.0.3 official is rolling out, I'll let it upgrade. Can you help me put the proper things I need in the build.prop to stop getting the update?
15th January 2012, 04:05 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 6,122
 
14,259 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksc6000

It's my understanding that 4.0.3 is AOSP and is compiled into some custom ROMs....I want to stay as stock as possible...once 4.0.3 official is rolling out, I'll let it upgrade. Can you help me put the proper things I need in the build.prop to stop getting the update?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1446341
There are many ROMs out there that "stay as stock as possible" with a few tweaks because it is a necessity.
15th January 2012, 04:55 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
649 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
So I used root explorer to replace the build.prop in the system directory with the one from that custom ROM linked to above...shouldn't that have done it? I am still getting the update message.
15th January 2012, 05:37 AM   |  #10  
efrant's Avatar
Senior Moderator
Flag Montreal Bow2DaCow
Thanks Meter: 8,241
 
9,627 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksc6000

Thank you, I'm going to root to do it. After I do so, can you tell me how to edit the build prop appropriately?

Once you have flashed back to ITL41F, you need to edit the line in the build.prop file that starts with ro.build.fingerprint. Change it to this:

ro.build.fingerprint=google/yakju/maguro:4.0.2/ICL53F/235179:user/release-keys

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes