OP robitron929

28th February 2012, 09:14 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 457

354 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robitron929

Does this have something to do with ATTs contract with Google and Samsung?

*blink blink* TRWTF is the above question.

As stated, this is a limitation of CDMA, or at least Verizon's current implementation of CDMA. Every 3G phone exhibits this behavior, as well as LTE phones when out of range of an LTE signal.
28th February 2012, 09:51 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 20

119 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by copkay

*blink blink* TRWTF is the above question.

As stated, this is a limitation of CDMA, or at least Verizon's current implementation of CDMA. Every 3G phone exhibits this behavior, as well as LTE phones when out of range of an LTE signal.

There is one exception to the rule. VZW has updated their CDMA towers to allow SVDO which is voice and data over 3G, however the phone has to have a compatible chip set for it to work. The HTC thunderbolt is the only phone I know of that does SVDO when there is no LTE signal
28th February 2012, 10:03 PM   |  #13  

354 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theherodrownd

There is one exception to the rule. VZW has updated their CDMA towers to allow SVDO which is voice and data over 3G, however the phone has to have a compatible chip set for it to work. The HTC thunderbolt is the only phone I know of that does SVDO when there is no LTE signal

Yeah, that's what's described at the "current implementation" link. As far as I was aware, SVDO hasn't been rolled out yet. Has Verizon already "flipped the switch" on SVDO?
28th February 2012, 11:45 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 20

119 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by copkay

Yeah, that's what's described at the "current implementation" link. As far as I was aware, SVDO hasn't been rolled out yet. Has Verizon already "flipped the switch" on SVDO?

SVDO was ready at launch of the TBolt. There was no press release when it launched tho. I don't think SVDO is going to catch on with VoLTE coming and the power hungry chips is just not q recipe for success
The Following User Says Thank You to theherodrownd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th February 2012, 12:02 AM   |  #15  

354 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theherodrownd

SVDO was ready at launch of the TBolt. There was no press release when it launched tho. I don't think SVDO is going to catch on with VoLTE coming and the power hungry chips is just not q recipe for success

Ah interesting, yeah, I didn't know that. They definitely didn't bother making a big deal out of it. Well, good to know, anyway.
29th February 2012, 12:21 AM   |  #16  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 16

75 posts
Wow no option at this point
29th February 2012, 12:23 AM   |  #17  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 1,715

7,850 posts
More
Quote:

Welcome to CDMA. You can't do simultaneous talk and data over 3G. The only way you can do voice+data is if you're talking on 3G and doing data over LTE. If LTE drops while you're in a call, you have no data.
29th February 2012, 12:25 AM   |  #18  

354 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

What are you even talking about? You have the entire technical reason behind your question, and you've been presented with the options (use LTE/WiFi). Alternatively, you can cancel your contract and move to AT&T -- have fun with that.
29th February 2012, 12:28 AM   |  #19  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 16

75 posts
Well than i m guessing it would be a long shot to implement SVDO into a modded radios package
. Or maybe the hardware's incapable regardless
Last edited by robitron929; 29th February 2012 at 12:32 AM.
29th February 2012, 12:30 AM   |  #20  

354 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Well than i m guessing it would be a long shot to implement SVDO into a modded radios package

Dude. It's a hardware limitation. It's like asking if you can download more RAM.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread