Time to say goodbye to my gnex...

Search This thread

xsatanx

Apr 14, 2009
Google Pixel 6
Just bought a note 3 and sold my tried and true gnex.. thanks to all the devs and members who helped with any questions and such.. I will definitely miss the support of this community. Now off to locked bootloaders and safestrap world.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

akash3656

May 3, 2010
Just bought a note 3 and sold my tried and true gnex.. thanks to all the devs and members who helped with any questions and such.. I will definitely miss the support of this community. Now off to locked bootloaders and safestrap world.

Have fun. Its one laggy device if you put it beside the Nexus 5 so don't bother comparing with the Nexus 5. You are gonna regret if you do so. Compared to the Galaxy Nexus its generations ahead though :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

xsatanx

Apr 14, 2009
Google Pixel 6
Laggy device? I would hardly go that far...I played with a 5 for a day or so and a g2 note 3 and a few others, as much as I love nexus devices the note 3 and the 5 are neck and neck..kitkat does add some fluidity to the 5 but in no way shape or form does it blow the note 3 out of the water..

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Laggy device? I would hardly go that far...I played with a 5 for a day or so and a g2 note 3 and a few others, as much as I love nexus devices the note 3 and the 5 are neck and neck..kitkat does add some fluidity to the 5 but in no way shape or form does it blow the note 3 out of the water..

TouchWiz devices usually start to lag after a new flagship comes out (the old one will be updated with a newer system but the features will quickly bog the phone down), e.g. Galaxy S3 with Android 4.2 and 4.3.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11

Beauenheim

Sep 12, 2012
Google Pixel
Google Pixel XL

I moved on from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus to a Nexus 5, I'm on T-Mobile now.

By the way, to anyone wondering which phone they should get?

Nothing compares to the Nexus 5.

bslowey

Feb 19, 2011
I would love to switch to a Nexus 5 on T-Mobile. But from what I hear from other T-Mobile users in my area is the network coverage sucks. The people I work with have to go outside to make a call.

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I would love to switch to a Nexus 5 on T-Mobile. But from what I hear from other T-Mobile users in my area is the network coverage sucks. The people I work with have to go outside to make a call.

According to the coverage map, my area is pretty good. But isn't T-mobile going through some stuff to boost their network? I thought there was some news about them buying towers or something from Verizon. I can't remember. It can't be any worse than AT&T was in my area when I was on that.

bslowey

Feb 19, 2011
According to the coverage map, my area is pretty good. But isn't T-mobile going through some stuff to boost their network? I thought there was some news about them buying towers or something from Verizon. I can't remember. It can't be any worse than AT&T was in my area when I was on that.

Not sure where you are. I am on the Jersey Shore, half way between Philly and NYC.

akash3656

May 3, 2010

Well it depends on your setup and eyes. But simple things like flicking around the home screen, scrolling in widgets lag on the note 3 but not on the nexus 5 if you put them side by side.

Then again the note 3 I seen might be a different variant from yours, which also probably comes with a different regional software too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Leftblank

May 29, 2011
I just got my Nexus 5 guys. Its an awesome device. I love the galaxy nexus. But if you need to update, the Nexus 5 is the way to go.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm still considering this one myself, did it take you a long time to get used to the extra device width? I'm thinking it might put quite a bit of extra strain on your thumb when using it single-handed.

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I'm still considering this one myself, did it take you a long time to get used to the extra device width? I'm thinking it might put quite a bit of extra strain on your thumb when using it single-handed.

I have no issues with it. I like how it feels. But if that's something you may have an issue with, I'd suggest going into a store where they have it on display and check it out in person.

Qafix

May 28, 2013
KL
I just got my Nexus 5 guys. Its an awesome device. I love the galaxy nexus. But if you need to update, the Nexus 5 is the way to go.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

How is the battery life, in your experience? Since I have the extended battery it's been really difficult to let it go but would it make a super big difference?

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
How is the battery life, in your experience? Since I have the extended battery it's been really difficult to let it go but would it make a super big difference?

Battery life is fine for me. Compared to the galaxy nexus, its a lot better. I can get through a whole day easily with the Nexus 5. Something I couldn't do with the gnex. Everyone's going to have a different experience though.

Reactions: Qafix

mrswigon

Feb 5, 2013
glad i found this thread - exactly what ive been looking for. i have loved my g-nex but its time to upgrade. was thinking about switching to the nex5 but hadnt really heard much. now i have. ill be swinging by the tmobile store this afternoon...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Battery life is fine for me. Compared to the galaxy nexus, its a lot better. I can get through a whole day easily with the Nexus 5. Something I couldn't do with the gnex. Everyone's going to have a different experience though.