Tip us?

jsgraphicart
Old
Thanks Meter 1241
Im right in the center of California.

jsgraphicart
Old
Thanks Meter 1241
I just got my Nexus 5 guys. Its an awesome device. I love the galaxy nexus. But if you need to update, the Nexus 5 is the way to go.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

akash3656
Old
Thanks Meter 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsatanx View Post
Laggy device? I would hardly go that far...I played with a 5 for a day or so and a g2 note 3 and a few others, as much as I love nexus devices the note 3 and the 5 are neck and neck..kitkat does add some fluidity to the 5 but in no way shape or form does it blow the note 3 out of the water..

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Well it depends on your setup and eyes. But simple things like flicking around the home screen, scrolling in widgets lag on the note 3 but not on the nexus 5 if you put them side by side.

Then again the note 3 I seen might be a different variant from yours, which also probably comes with a different regional software too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Leftblank
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
I just got my Nexus 5 guys. Its an awesome device. I love the galaxy nexus. But if you need to update, the Nexus 5 is the way to go.

I'm still considering this one myself, did it take you a long time to get used to the extra device width? I'm thinking it might put quite a bit of extra strain on your thumb when using it single-handed.

jsgraphicart
Old
Thanks Meter 1241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftblank View Post
I'm still considering this one myself, did it take you a long time to get used to the extra device width? I'm thinking it might put quite a bit of extra strain on your thumb when using it single-handed.
I have no issues with it. I like how it feels. But if that's something you may have an issue with, I'd suggest going into a store where they have it on display and check it out in person.

Leftblank
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I have no issues with it. I like how it feels. But if that's something you may have an issue with, I'd suggest going into a store where they have it on display and check it out in person.
Thanks, I'll give that a shot again, last time I couldn't quite decide.

Qafix
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:

How is the battery life, in your experience? Since I have the extended battery it's been really difficult to let it go but would it make a super big difference?

jsgraphicart
Old
Thanks Meter 1241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qafix View Post
How is the battery life, in your experience? Since I have the extended battery it's been really difficult to let it go but would it make a super big difference?
Battery life is fine for me. Compared to the galaxy nexus, its a lot better. I can get through a whole day easily with the Nexus 5. Something I couldn't do with the gnex. Everyone's going to have a different experience though.
The Following User Says Thank You to jsgraphicart For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrswigon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
glad i found this thread - exactly what ive been looking for. i have loved my g-nex but its time to upgrade. was thinking about switching to the nex5 but hadnt really heard much. now i have. ill be swinging by the tmobile store this afternoon...

MIUIAustralia
Old
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Phone Smashed mine...

I smashed my screen, replaced it with a Xiaomi Mi3 because it has Gorilla Glass 3.