5,597,007 Members 47,790 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tips for optimize (best perfomance and less battery drain) in Galaxy Nexus

Tip us?

reynierpm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Tips for optimize (best perfomance and less battery drain) in Galaxy Nexus

Hi there, I'm using CM11 nighties and it miss some things yet (due to development process tough) but it's the best ROM I tried so far. So here is my concern there is any tips/guide for optimize my phone Galaxy Nexus in order to get best perfomance and less battery drain? I tried to flash Mpokang Kernel but without success since I get a boot loop or my phone doesn't start so any guide or tips for saving battery time and get the best performance on this phone?
Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250
Baseband: I9250XXLF1
ROM: CyanogenMod 11 UNNOFICIAL
Kernel: 3.0.101-cyanogenmod

saeed14i
Old
Thanks Meter 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by reynierpm View Post
Hi there, I'm using CM11 nighties and it miss some things yet (due to development process tough) but it's the best ROM I tried so far. So here is my concern there is any tips/guide for optimize my phone Galaxy Nexus in order to get best perfomance and less battery drain? I tried to flash Mpokang Kernel but without success since I get a boot loop or my phone doesn't start so any guide or tips for saving battery time and get the best performance on this phone?
Try ASKP kernel. I think its the best. Also, many people recommend Fancy kernel too

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to saeed14i For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lkeops
Old
Thanks Meter 9
If you want performance you should flash mpokang. I recommend 1080p version, I don't have any issues with it. If you want battery life you can flash Tiny kernel, it has good performance too but it is slower than mpokang. I used fancy some weeks ago but with different rom (Paranoid) and previous version of kernel. Now I have official CM 11 and mpokang 1080p.

Nephilim
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 8866

DONATE TO ME
Link in my signature.

Click "Show Content" For Links To My Custom Kernel Settings Thread and Official Google+ Community

Nephilim's Custom Kernel Settings Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post44514476
Nephilim's Android Resource Community on Google+: https://plus.google.com/communities/...81984046422598

akash3656
Old
Thanks Meter 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by reynierpm View Post
There is nothing much to do other than making sure your apps behave, stay in areas with good phone signal (and use airplane mode when there isn't signal), don't use high brightness.

hsypsufan
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Toggle wifi off and gps off when not in use. If you have a verizon GN, then toggle off LTE and use 3g only when you have low data needs. Unfortunately, this phone sucks battery down like no other.