No registration required

I went back to 4.1.2

OP achangavi

25th April 2013, 11:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

58 posts
More
So today I decided to "downgrade" back to 4.1.2 after 4.2.2, and it's almost mindboggling how much faster and smoother it is. After switching back it feels like there is so much lag everywhere in all 4.2 versions, like what was google thinking? Oh well, I changed some of the apps to 4.2 versions, and now i have a 4.2 clone with the speed and smoothness of 4.1.2
The Following User Says Thank You to achangavi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2013, 02:44 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 372

1,460 posts
I don't find 4.2 much slower, but I sure miss the bluetooth not disconnecting every time I turn the screen off.

I mean seriously...I force my screen to stay on it'll stay connected to my motoactv just fine. The SECOND I turn the screen off my connection dies.

Debating reverting to 4.1.2 solely for this reason.
26th April 2013, 03:16 AM   |  #3  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 199

565 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by achangavi

So today I decided to "downgrade" back to 4.1.2 after 4.2.2, and it's almost mindboggling how much faster and smoother it is. After switching back it feels like there is so much lag everywhere in all 4.2 versions, like what was google thinking? Oh well, I changed some of the apps to 4.2 versions, and now i have a 4.2 clone with the speed and smoothness of 4.1.2

What's your current ROM setup? Are you on plain stock?

In terms of responsiveness I would try CyanogenMod with a custom kernel. AK Kernel has a lot of performance improvements into it. Battery life is almost doubled as well. A good kernel makes all the difference.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to KemikalElite For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2013, 08:06 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 700

2,350 posts
More
Good. You don't know the difference, until you go back to it from 4.2, then you realize 4.2 in every ****ing variation is just a turd. I have a phone to make my life easier, not frustrating.
The Following User Says Thank You to madd0g For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2013, 08:26 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

58 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KemikalElite

What's your current ROM setup? Are you on plain stock?

In terms of responsiveness I would try CyanogenMod with a custom kernel. AK Kernel has a lot of performance improvements into it. Battery life is almost doubled as well. A good kernel makes all the difference.

I tried every kernel, air kernel, diamond, purity from arakia, franco, along with roms from xenon to pure cyanogenmod to paranoidandroid. All of them had lag no matter what kernel/rom combo i used. 4.2.1 is a lot smoother, but still pales in comparison to 4.1.2.
26th April 2013, 10:06 AM   |  #6  
Flag bangkok
Thanks Meter: 73

367 posts
More
Sounds interesting. Could you point me to a thread on how to downgrade galaxy nexus from 4.2 back to 4.1
?

Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
26th April 2013, 10:42 AM   |  #7  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 199

565 posts
More
Quote:

I tried every kernel, air kernel, diamond, purity from arakia, franco, along with roms from xenon to pure cyanogenmod to paranoidandroid. All of them had lag no matter what kernel/rom combo i used. 4.2.1 is a lot smoother, but still pales in comparison to 4.1.2.

Well apparently there's a bunch of threads going around about how in 4.2.2 Google increased the heap size (whatever that is) settings from 64mb and 256mb to 96mb and 384mb. Closer to Nexus 7 spec.

whatever settings got changed has been causing a ton of lag.

26th April 2013, 10:45 AM   |  #8  
Flag Plymouth
Thanks Meter: 50

139 posts
More
Quote:

Have you tried this? Might help with some lag issues

LagFix

It's certainly helped me "cope" with the lag in 4.2.x

Let us know.

Thanks

SchmeeForce
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SchmeeForce For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2013, 11:13 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 13

42 posts
Your 4.2 lagginess could be related to what I found out and posted here
26th April 2013, 11:25 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 236

1,494 posts
More
I'm back on AOKP 4.1.2 and it's honestly smoother than the current AOKP Milestone 1, and that ROM is pretty smooth. I'm liking 4.1.2 better than 4.2.2 honestly, the old camera app is so much better. Also like the old recent apps behavior vs the new one.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jxr94 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread