Ubuntu Touch OS Galaxy Nexus Thread | Everything Goes Here!

Search This thread

retskrad

Oct 7, 2010
Seems this is far too complex for the idiots on this forum to understand. It's a free PREVIEW, fellas. Not the final product. I can do nothing but shake my head..

If Cannoncial didin't release this **** like this, me and countless others wouldn't talk **** to Ubuntu. They should have waited and made sure that basic things worked fine.

Now they have to put up with all this whining and trash talking.

Reactions: warp64

madquack

May 12, 2010
If Cannoncial didin't release this **** like this, me and countless others wouldn't talk **** to Ubuntu. They should have waited and made sure that basic things worked fine.

Notice it says Ubuntu DEVELOPER preview? Leave it to the pros. If people think it'll suffice as a daily driver, 100% functionality, they're in for a rude awakening. This forum has turned into nothing but a bunch of self-righteous, spoon fed, whiny, impatient brats. I want, what I want, and I want it NOW!

http://developer.ubuntu.com/get-started/gomobile/

Last edited:

slayr76

Mar 26, 2012
perth
Just pretend Ubuntu for gnex doesn't exist like countless others, if you want ubuntu on your phone just wait till end of 2014 an buy an Ubuntu phone which by then no one will care.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Last edited:

shahrukhraza

Jan 12, 2012

Are you a developer?

If no, then why are you whining? It was NEVER intended to be made for you.

If yes, then what more do you need to make apps and familiarize yourself with the OS? I really doubt you'd need a calculator for developing apps.

Now do you understand? It's actually an amazing DEVELOPERS PREVIEW. It was never a beta and it was never stated it was a beta.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jadephyre

Jan 30, 2008
Moers
Samsung Galaxy A33
The only thing that annoys me about this release is that it's basically CM10.1 without the DalvikVM and a fancy skin.

I didn't expect any of the "apps" to work, but it would have been kind of nice if they included working data over 3G, not just through WiFi.

bradman117

Jan 20, 2011
Idaho, Rexburg
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T
I installed this but after getting on it already has messages from fb and other stuff.... is there settings somwere to factory reset ubuntu? i dont mean in recovery.

---edit---
off its just a preview? mvn this message then

Last edited:

mcinty25

Jan 5, 2013
see some of us thought this was a pre release. i dont live and breathe android. i got linked on facebook that ubuntu touch was released so i flashed it and gave honest opinion. its a shame people think new members act like "I WANT IT HERE NOW" when in reality, without the help of others this community wouldn't exist.

channaq4

Aug 9, 2011
When Ubuntu officially(final) released for gnx?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Nov 9, 2012
Will anyone develop ?

I might be developing I mean it might be fun developing for Ubuntu. You will feel like you contributed to one of the major OSs in the world if it becomes big. It isn't hard anyway you just either need to know HTML 5 or the native languages. Oh I am so excited flashing Ubuntu right now and I hope that it doesn't brick.

I totally will be developing apps for Ubuntu. Looking forward to the gestures.

UselessSniper001

P.S. Rebooting Right Now. Yay. Just rebooted Im so excited. I had the black screen of death for like 10secs and I thought it was bricked. :crying: But it wasn't. Yay. :laugh:

AgentSmith

Feb 22, 2006
Some remarks from a relative noob. Even I understand this Ubuntu release is not even close to the final product. I think non-devvers should lower their expectations considerably. And just don't blame people for trying to explain this release to you. Instead of feeling annoyed you could also just thank them and simply admit that you were wrong. That's better than starting a flame war to compensate for your pride. ;)

I think this OS has huge potential. It looks like the first real hybrid system, built for mobile and (semi) desktop devices. Android is not capable of delivering a mature desktop experience. And Windows RT simply isn't... Windows. Can't wait to buy an Asus Transformer like convertible with Ubuntu mobile when it comes out. And I'd probably run it on my phone too. In the mean time I will follow this OS closely.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a thread for all Ubuntu Touch OS galaxy nexus information. All discussions/questions/suggestions/guides/updates etc go here, all others created will be (or are in the process of being) closed and/or deleted.

Regards,

Jonny
    When Ubuntu officially(final) released for gnx?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

You're so special that they've been waiting for you to ask before they'd post it.

Are you a developer?

If no, then why are you whining? It was NEVER intended to be made for you.

If yes, then what more do you need to make apps and familiarize yourself with the OS? I really doubt you'd need a calculator for developing apps.

Now do you understand? It's actually an amazing DEVELOPERS PREVIEW. It was never a beta and it was never stated it was a beta.

I don't know if this has been posted yet but there are now daily builds being released for Ubuntu Touch for Galaxy Nexus.

Go here: http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-touch-preview/daily-preinstalled/

Then click on the 20130226 folder and you'll find bleeding edge nightlies (similar to how they're doing it with the Nexus 7 Ubuntu desktop build)..I assume it will be regularly updated every day or almost every day (albeit without any discernable changelogs)

I installed the Feb 26 build and performance is much better than the initial build, and more "apps" are available (like amazon ubuntu one, which are really glorified links to the web sites)

Edit: This OS is so beautiful and smooth, it makes Android look awkward in comparison.

Notice it says Ubuntu DEVELOPER preview? Leave it to the pros. If people think it'll suffice as a daily driver, 100% functionality, they're in for a rude awakening. This forum has turned into nothing but a bunch of self-righteous, spoon fed, whiny, impatient brats. I want, what I want, and I want it NOW!

http://developer.ubuntu.com/get-started/gomobile/