Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,582 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unbrick your Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Tip us?

capanov
Old
(Last edited by capanov; 3rd March 2012 at 07:10 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Cool Unbrick your Samsung Galaxy Nexus

How to fix soft bricked galaxy nexus

I Bricked my Galaxy Nexus and there wasnīt anything i could do too fix it. But here is my fix and solution:

When you soft brick your phone you see only "phone -warning triangle- computer" when you power your phone. There is nothing to do, the phone wont be recognized in any platform or program then Odin.
In Odin with installed nexus galaxy driver in windows you can se that the phone is connected. But you cant flash it or do odin restore.

The solution:
On windows xp with installed nexus galaxy drivers.

1. Start Odin 3 v1.85
2. For PDA choose CF-Root-GGN_YAKJU_ICL53F-v5.1 (google and download it)
3. Power your Nexus Galaxy ( screen shows "phone- warning- computer") and connect it to you're PC.
4. START

Your Nexus Galaxy is back to track…..

PS: your phone whil boot whith dead android picture.. DONT do anything it whil reboot after 3-5 minutes by its self..

Fastest solution
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NG unbrick.jpg
Views:	1794
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	929411  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to capanov For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sleuth255
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 39
Hard to believe that you lost fastboot mode on your phone. Did you try booting into fastboot mode (hold vol down/vol up then press power)?

Once in fastboot mode, just flash a stock image.

ROM: rooted/deodexed 4.1.1 (JRO03O)
Kernel: Franco Dailies: r295
Baseband: FF02/FG02
Follow my Ramblings: blog.kwilcox.org

capanov
Old
(Last edited by capanov; 3rd March 2012 at 07:09 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Cool Re:

Think what you want. it was hard for me to believe that i was getting my expensive phone "soft bricked". You canīt get the phone in fastboot mode or any other.

By the way, thanks for instructions on how to put the phone in fastboot mode ...
the day you get a soft brick on your galaxy nexus, you will see that the only thing is to do as described above.

Sincerely, C : -
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-03-02 13.16.jpg
Views:	1073
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	929999  

geemaan
Old
Thanks Meter 49
I got this screen too a while ago but it was a hardware issue so the motherboard got exchanged.

Sleuth255
Old
(Last edited by Sleuth255; 4th March 2012 at 02:00 AM.)
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 39
Please excuse me; I was only trying to understand. So putting the phone into fastboot mode resulted in the same "phone -warning triangle- computer" display?

I posted as I did because CF-Root-GGN_YAKJU_ICL53F-v5.1 is actually a rooted kernel from chainfire which flashes to the boot partition. In fact, that's what your Odin shot showed: "Firmware update start", followed by "boot.img". That indicated to me that your bootloader partition may have been still good since you can't boot without a valid bootloader partition. Fixing the kernel wouldn't have changed that. I was under the impression that fastboot itself is a bootloader partition function...

Also, this isn't a blanket fix since to avoid "soft bricking", LTE GNex owners should use CF-Root-GGN_MYSID_ICL53F-v5.1 instead.

For those of you who are interested in learning more about/obtaining these kernels for toro/maguro, go here.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sleuth255 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

capanov
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Cool tutorial or not ....

The only thing I know is that I tried everything .....
the only thing that helped was that what is stated.

What I want is to help others in my situation ...
Use at your own risk ..
I know that was what solved it for me ..

It's good to know if there are others who are helped in this way ..
Please write about it ...

Sleuth255
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 39
Well, I don't know much about the Odin tool, and I'm still pretty much in learning mode on this device myself. I don't doubt that this technique fixed your soft brick error and I'm bookmarking this thread just in case it happens to me while playing with my AOSP environment, but I am intrigued by how....

ChongoDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 2,382
Anything with odin makes me cringe.. takes me back to the days of my buggy s2.

Sent from my francoPhone

XDA's D4RK KN1GHT
I'm Not Wearing Hockey Pads
5T4Y FR05TY
Android Techy
"Chongo for forum President- Because he's the hero xda deserves, but not the one it needs right now." - _MetalHead_

droidstyle
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,394

DONATE TO ME
odin is da ****z
Devices:
VZW Galaxy Note III Dev. Edition
VZW Galaxy S III
Asus T. Prime
---------
VZW Galaxy S Fascinate GUIDE
VZW Galaxy S III GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note II GUIDE
VZW Galaxy Note III GUIDE

salym
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by capanov View Post
How to fix soft bricked galaxy nexus

I Bricked my Galaxy Nexus and there wasnīt anything i could do too fix it. But here is my fix and solution:

When you soft brick your phone you see only "phone -warning triangle- computer" when you power your phone. There is nothing to do, the phone wont be recognized in any platform or program then Odin.
In Odin with installed nexus galaxy driver in windows you can se that the phone is connected. But you cant flash it or do odin restore.

The solution:
On windows xp with installed nexus galaxy drivers.

1. Start Odin 3 v1.85
2. For PDA choose CF-Root-GGN_YAKJU_ICL53F-v5.1 (google and download it)
3. Power your Nexus Galaxy ( screen shows "phone- warning- computer") and connect it to you're PC.
4. START

Your Nexus Galaxy is back to track…..

PS: your phone whil boot whith dead android picture.. DONT do anything it whil reboot after 3-5 minutes by its self..

Fastest solution
hey dude it worked for me THANKZ THANKZZ THAKNZZZZ so muchhhhhh really appreciate your help, i will just install a new rom now can u advice a good rom for battery and customization please thnkz again to you and for all.

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleuth255 View Post
Please excuse me; I was only trying to understand. So putting the phone into fastboot mode resulted in the same "phone -warning triangle- computer" display?

I posted as I did because CF-Root-GGN_YAKJU_ICL53F-v5.1 is actually a rooted kernel from chainfire which flashes to the boot partition. In fact, that's what your Odin shot showed: "Firmware update start", followed by "boot.img". That indicated to me that your bootloader partition may have been still good since you can't boot without a valid bootloader partition. Fixing the kernel wouldn't have changed that. I was under the impression that fastboot itself is a bootloader partition function...

Also, this isn't a blanket fix since to avoid "soft bricking", LTE GNex owners should use CF-Root-GGN_MYSID_ICL53F-v5.1 instead.

For those of you who are interested in learning more about/obtaining these kernels for toro/maguro, go here.
thaknz to you also buddy so much keep helping other God will help you first