Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,599 Members 35,956 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unbrick your Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Tip us?

times_infinity
Old
Thanks Meter 1,598
There should also be an option in the command line version of heimdall to get rid of that screen and get the phone to boot normally. Don't know if it will work on the nexus but I know it worked when I had a Fascinate.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App
. . .

Twitter: @times_infinity

Synacking
Akaineing

Lurk, Learn, and STFU
RTFM

ShadowFall
If you like what I do or have helped you in any way why not buy me some pizza?
The Following User Says Thank You to times_infinity For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sleuth255
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 39
Interesting... this finally connects the dots for me as to what exactly a "soft brick" is. Thanks! I posted a writeup here

ROM: rooted/deodexed 4.1.1 (JRO03O)
Kernel: Franco Dailies: r295
Baseband: FF02/FG02
Follow my Ramblings: blog.kwilcox.org

capanov
Old
(Last edited by capanov; 8th March 2012 at 01:48 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Cool Re:

Sorry for the delay but had to work with my study .... doing "master of medical science" ...

Now back to the playground ... finally ..

Related to the SALYM's post:
I like the original yakju rom...

1. google and download image-yakju-icl53f.zip and unpack ( make sure it is zip file and not. tar)
2. google and download fastboot

3. use the fastboot commands .... tex in macos:

cd (path to the folder where you put all the files together)

./fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-maguro-primekk15.img
./fastboot reboot-bootloader
sleep 5
./fastboot flash radio radio-maguro-i9250xxkk6.img
./fastboot reboot-bootloader
sleep 5
./fastboot -w update image-yakju-icl53f.zip

That's all ...

PS i bricked my nexus again and succesufully got it fixed with my guide ... in just 5 seconds ....

Rabidaries
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Odin flashing, flashing stock images, bootloaders nothing work for my awkwardly bricked GSM nexus. If I try to flash a stock image, when I type in fastboot reboot-bootlader to reboot, my screen goes to a gray, gradient burnt looking image, then slowly fades to black and doesn't flash it at all. Using Odin, still stuck at pretty Google logo lol It's not really bricked per say, as I can get into fastboot mode, (no recovery without a million file doesn't exist errors, so no flashing roms or nandroids) but in fastboot mode, it won't take flashing stock images, bootloader.img, recovery.img nothin. When it tries, just gets the gray screen of death

Mendedlogic
Old
Thanks Meter 0
HELP!! I have a VZW SGN unlocked and rooted running Axiom crossbreed rom today I kept getting this pop up saying I had a system update.. I kept clicking to remind me later because I know you cant do the update over a custom rom.. So Im in the middle of a text message and the screen goes black and my phone is now in a boot loop.. I tried to remedy this thru fastboot and in CWM reflashing the rom wiping data everything my last resort was Odin, which I tried but it hung at <ID:0/007> NAND Write Start!! after 10 or more minutes I removed usb and did a batt pull now I am only left with ONE screen and thats phone icon, yellow triangle with a ! in the middle and computer icon.. No matter what I do thats the ONLY screen I have.. So after MANY hours of research and reading I found this to try>
1. Start Odin 3 v1.85
2. For PDA choose CF-Root-GGN_YAKJU_ICL53F-v5.1 (google and download it)
3. Power your Nexus Galaxy ( screen shows "phone- warning- computer") and connect it to you're PC.
4. START

It acts like its doing something there a blue full line bar under the phone icon yellow triangle with the ! in the middle and computer icon now.. and on the Odin box where it should be GREEN and say PASS its GREEN but only says BOOT and this is what its saying below that> <ID:0/007> Added!!
<ID:0/007> Odin v.3 engine (ID:7)..
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/007> Initialzation..
<ID:0/007> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/007> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/007> boot.img
<ID:0/007> NAND Write Start!! < Once again hanging here.. Cant someone PLEASE for all the tea in China help me out b4 they have to sedate me and haul me off in a white jacket!!

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 8,059

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendedlogic View Post
[snip]

2. For PDA choose CF-Root-GGN_YAKJU_ICL53F-v5.1 (google and download it)
That is a GSM file, not a Verizon file. That's the first problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
At present, I am not readily available on the forums or via PM -- if you are in need of a moderator, please contact someone from this list.

I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post in a thread.

Google Nexus 5

XDA Forum Rules & Moderator List

WHAT MATTERS IS UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY...

n2ishun
Old
Thanks Meter 18
For Verizon cdma

Check the PDA line and put this file in it
"VzW-PDA-ODIN-I515EL03_ICL53F_signed"

Check the phone line and put this file in it
"VzW-PHONE-ODIN-SCH-I515.EK02_LTE"

You should be able to google up those files easily (since I don't have hosting space these days).

You need both of those files, 1 will not do and will bork you worse than you are now.
Samsung A680>Samsung Blade A900>Sony TM506>Samsung Vibrant T959>HTC Evo4g>HTC Evo3D>Motorola Photon>Galaxy Nexus>Galaxy S5 (couple missing from there, oh well)

Mendedlogic
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrant View Post
That is a GSM file, not a Verizon file. That's the first problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Hmm weird that its the only file that acted like it was going to work too.. I wonder if there is a VZW version somewhere??

n2ishun
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendedlogic View Post
Hmm weird that its the only file that acted like it was going to work too.. I wonder if there is a VZW version somewhere??
I guess you're one of those people that have reading issues.....???

Look up.
Samsung A680>Samsung Blade A900>Sony TM506>Samsung Vibrant T959>HTC Evo4g>HTC Evo3D>Motorola Photon>Galaxy Nexus>Galaxy S5 (couple missing from there, oh well)

Mendedlogic
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2ishun View Post
For Verizon cdma

Check the PDA line and put this file in it
"VzW-PDA-ODIN-I515EL03_ICL53F_signed"

Check the phone line and put this file in it
"VzW-PHONE-ODIN-SCH-I515.EK02_LTE"

You should be able to google up those files easily (since I don't have hosting space these days).

You need both of those files, 1 will not do and will bork you worse than you are now.
I have both of those files and have been trying relentless to get it to work but Odin hangs at (NAND Write Stop!!) every time I know the bootloader img is in the pda but is there one maybe separate does anyone know was thinking if I can atleast try that too..

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2ishun View Post
I guess you're one of those people that have reading issues.....???

Look up.
Obviously Im not the one with reading issues, I was referring to the ROOT file.. Is there a reason for the rudeness really? Just trying to get my phone working again that's all