FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Unbrick your Samsung Galaxy Nexus

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By capanov, Junior Member on 3rd March 2012, 09:02 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
15th January 2013, 12:21 AM |#31  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
hey man thanks for the link but the drivers wont install any sugestions?
 
 
8th February 2013, 07:18 AM |#32  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Talking thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by capanov

How to fix soft bricked galaxy nexus

I Bricked my Galaxy Nexus and there wasn´t anything i could do too fix it. But here is my fix and solution:

When you soft brick your phone you see only "phone -warning triangle- computer" when you power your phone. There is nothing to do, the phone wont be recognized in any platform or program then Odin.
In Odin with installed nexus galaxy driver in windows you can se that the phone is connected. But you cant flash it or do odin restore.

The solution:
On windows xp with installed nexus galaxy drivers.

1. Start Odin 3 v1.85
2. For PDA choose CF-Root-GGN_YAKJU_ICL53F-v5.1 (google and download it)
3. Power your Nexus Galaxy ( screen shows "phone- warning- computer") and connect it to you're PC.
4. START




Your Nexus Galaxy is back to track…..

PS: your phone whil boot whith dead android picture.. DONT do anything it whil reboot after 3-5 minutes by its self..

Fastest solution



thank you very much thank you so much I could relive my galaxy nexus i9250 with your tutorial ... you are great teacher
24th February 2013, 07:33 AM |#33  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by capanov

How to fix soft bricked galaxy nexus

I Bricked my Galaxy Nexus and there wasn´t anything i could do too fix it. But here is my fix and solution:

When you soft brick your phone you see only "phone -warning triangle- computer" when you power your phone. There is nothing to do, the phone wont be recognized in any platform or program then Odin.
In Odin with installed nexus galaxy driver in windows you can se that the phone is connected. But you cant flash it or do odin restore.

The solution:
On windows xp with installed nexus galaxy drivers.

1. Start Odin 3 v1.85
2. For PDA choose CF-Root-GGN_YAKJU_ICL53F-v5.1 (google and download it)
3. Power your Nexus Galaxy ( screen shows "phone- warning- computer") and connect it to you're PC.
4. START




Your Nexus Galaxy is back to track…..

PS: your phone whil boot whith dead android picture.. DONT do anything it whil reboot after 3-5 minutes by its self..

Fastest solution


Man you are a life saver! May God bless you!
25th February 2013, 01:55 AM |#34  
player911's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 1,022
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: Unbrick your Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Great scott

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
25th February 2013, 02:47 AM |#35  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
lol necro bump

While we're on topic though, I don't know how you would manage to loose access to the bootloader (just push up+down volume + power). Then you can use fastboot to restore the factory images from here:

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

This way is recommended and safer IMO
20th March 2013, 06:53 AM |#36  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by capanov

How to fix soft bricked galaxy nexus

I Bricked my Galaxy Nexus and there wasn´t anything i could do too fix it. But here is my fix and solution:

When you soft brick your phone you see only "phone -warning triangle- computer" when you power your phone. There is nothing to do, the phone wont be recognized in any platform or program then Odin.
In Odin with installed nexus galaxy driver in windows you can se that the phone is connected. But you cant flash it or do odin restore.

The solution:
On windows xp with installed nexus galaxy drivers.

1. Start Odin 3 v1.85
2. For PDA choose CF-Root-GGN_YAKJU_ICL53F-v5.1 (google and download it)
3. Power your Nexus Galaxy ( screen shows "phone- warning- computer") and connect it to you're PC.
4. START


Your Nexus Galaxy is back to track…..

PS: your phone whil boot whith dead android picture.. DONT do anything it whil reboot after 3-5 minutes by its self..

Fastest solution




I downloaded odin 3 v1.85. I am unable to open it in my system. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit.
But I am able to open Odin 3 v3.07. Is it Ok to use this version to unbrick?

Awaiting your reply ,
Joshua
20th March 2013, 11:51 PM |#37  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 286
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua20031990

I downloaded odin 3 v1.85. I am unable to open it in my system. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit.
But I am able to open Odin 3 v3.07. Is it Ok to use this version to unbrick?

Awaiting your reply ,
Joshua

Yes, it does not matter. You can use 3.07.
21st April 2013, 07:24 PM |#38  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNex_fareast

Yes, it does not matter. You can use 3.07.

this is my situation


can help me?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	galaxy nexus not go.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	1900689  
21st April 2013, 07:31 PM |#39  
Esteway.619's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag san diego
Thanks Meter: 1,343
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanadu1

this is my situation


can help me?

Why do u use Odin. Fast boot is so much safer and it won't fail on u like that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
21st April 2013, 07:36 PM |#40  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteway.619

Why do u use Odin. Fast boot is so much safer and it won't fail on u like that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium


where i find fastboot and guide?

thanks
21st April 2013, 08:43 PM |#41  
Esteway.619's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag san diego
Thanks Meter: 1,343
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanadu1

where i find fastboot and guide?

thanks

Check the stickies

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes