5,598,086 Members 42,245 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Upcoming new phones and their comparison to the Galaxy Nexus Specs.

Tip us?

KennyG123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod - OP
Thanks Meter 23781

DONATE TO ME
Default Upcoming new phones and their comparison to the Galaxy Nexus Specs.

All new released, rumored or announced devices should be discussed here. Please keep it relevant to the Galaxy Nexus with specs comparisons. I will tolerate no flaming or trolling in here and will not hesitate to issue infractions after first warning. Please behave appropriately like the intelligent mature community I know you are.
Thanks
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to KennyG123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Igotsanevo4g
Old
Thanks Meter 59
So what's everyone's thoughts on the One x and subsequent variants in comparison to the GN? Specifically Evo lte vs sprint GN.

Of course software and development will kill compared to the evo, but is the hardware improvements enough to overcome that?
Sure want to stay in the nexus family from my crespo4g, but that S4 chip is looking mighty fine.
Twitter - @Djcalied

Phone: Mako
Rom: Purity/Euroskank
Kernel: Franco/trinity

Evo 4G->Nexus S 4G->Galaxy S 3->Nexus 4

blowtorch
Old
Thanks Meter 104
I can not see my self ever getting anything other than the a Nexus ... I'll likely buy a new one every year. Right now I don't see any other phone that makes me want to stray from my decision.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to blowtorch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

axne1
Old
Thanks Meter 67
I am finally done looking for the best device.
Now I know the Nexus is the Android for me.

sent from a Android device
I'm always on!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to axne1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Wilsonium
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Default I'm with the Nexus from now on...

I'm with the Nexus from now on. I came from a long list of carrier branded phones and the lack of bloatware and other junk the carriers heap on you was refreshing on the Nexus. Updates direct from Google as soon as available, not after the carrier spends 6 months adding junk. Also, since this is a "developers" phone, the Nexus community is very active and brings more flexibility.
HTC One (M7). iPhone 5.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wilsonium For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Paleryder
Old
Thanks Meter 123

DONATE TO ME
GN all the way if your a flashing zombie no phone will get the dev that a nexus will. Unlocked boot loaders -huge plus-, look at the evo 3d old phone same specs as our new GN. We've almost caught Dev.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

WiredPirate
Old
Thanks Meter 1940
+1 for Nexus phones! Couldn't go back to a non-Nexus even though the specs may be better. Firmware > hardware, imo.
VZW Moto X
STOCK 4.4

Apple iPad WiFi 64GB 3rd GEN

VZW/LTE Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- RETIRED
Motorola Atrix 4G - SOLD
Samsung Galaxy S Captivate - SOLD

BeerChameleon
Old
Thanks Meter 1204

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyglass123 View Post
All new released, rumored or announced devices should be discussed here. Please keep it relevant to the Galaxy Nexus with specs comparisons. I will tolerate no flaming or trolling in here and will not hesitate to issue infractions after first warning. Please behave appropriately like the intelligent mature community I know you are.
Thanks
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

Your name is red too

I am shocked they gave all mods even senior mods the same color, i am not a fan of the new red

Anyway

Getting galaxy nexus in 10 days, I can't wait for my first nexus device
The Following User Says Thank You to BeerChameleon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iulipepe
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Personal opinion

I got my nexus 2 months ago. I can tell that I am happy with it specwise, but I am not happy with the updates (yakjuxw, no 4.0.4 yet). From the performance point of view, HTC One X and S beat the SGS3, but all the custom skins make me not want to buy one and for the moment there are no applications that require 4 cores. I acquired the nexus just for vanilla and for not rooting it (my old htc hero was rooted and I tried all the available custom roms on it). So, as a conclusion, I am 90% happy with the Gnex as long as I can play Fifa 2012 and watch sopcast streams on it.

‹BERô
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 8819

DONATE TO ME
I went for the Gnex over the evo... I don't see any benefit other than the faster processor but much more limited development, a non-removeable battery, and its not a nexus . I get my gnex tomorrow I ordered it today =]

Nexus 5: Banks RastaKat / Faux Mainline
Nexus 7 FHD: Stock Rooted 4.4.2 / Faux Mainline