Post Reply

Upcoming new phones and their comparison to the Galaxy Nexus Specs.

OP KennyG123

14th May 2012, 03:35 PM   |  #71  
Step666's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 1,061
 
3,737 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrynalyne

Samsung supplied their last CPU, and the one before that. Do you expect that to change?

Given that my last post was pondering what sort of CPU Apple will get Samsung to manufacture for them, clearly not.
14th May 2012, 04:08 PM   |  #72  
adrynalyne's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,672
 
9,620 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Step666

Given that my last post was pondering what sort of CPU Apple will get Samsung to manufacture for them, clearly not.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Step666

Yes but what are they going to get Samsung to produce for them?




Apple design their own SoCs, so even if Samsung don't produce any of their own A15 chips this year, that wouldn't necessarily stop Apple from opting for an A15 chip of their own for the next iPhone.

Whats up with the attitude? I was just asking, and trying to converse. To me, your last comment was not clear, and so I asked. Can't we just have a conversation?

"What" Samsung will manufacture for them is a faily open ended question, considering there are several Samsung parts in iPhones.
Last edited by adrynalyne; 14th May 2012 at 04:38 PM.
14th May 2012, 04:43 PM   |  #73  
babymatteo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 730
 
2,766 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
I don't think i can ever buy another phone again unless its a Nexus series.
14th May 2012, 04:47 PM   |  #74  
adrynalyne's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,672
 
9,620 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymatteo

I don't think i can ever buy another phone again unless its a Nexus series.

My problem is that Verizon owns my soul, and if they don't have another Nexus to replace the Galaxy Nexus, I am screwed. Well, not screwed, but I will not pay the extra money for a second provider.
14th May 2012, 06:20 PM   |  #75  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
118 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Hi guys, what's the story on the next Nexus? All I've heard is that Samsung is supplying it but no specs yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
14th May 2012, 07:10 PM   |  #76  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 105
 
1,749 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansoho

Hi guys, what's the story on the next Nexus? All I've heard is that Samsung is supplying it but no specs yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I've heard HTC too.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
14th May 2012, 10:12 PM   |  #77  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 204
 
791 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
Have to say that my next phone will be purchased after lots of well informed research , reviews and videos as this Nexus is a let down.

Galaxy s 2 was a much better phone than this except the screen so I'd say I'll wait till the galaxy so or whatever phone release with good hardware and a proper camera.
This is nice to look at but is very laggy especially when browsing the internet or using graphically intensive anything.
14th May 2012, 10:29 PM   |  #78  
edfunkycold's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag S. FLORIDA
Thanks Meter: 4,478
 
5,471 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
I think some of you either have bad phones or have no idea what your doing with the technology. I have had my LTE Nexus for just 2 weeks and it's awesome. I am on sprint so I'm not going to even try to compare my 3g speeds to someone on att. But as far as the phone itself the functionality and the speed at which it processes its incredible. With every single tweek and or kernal mods it just improves. I'm going 12 to 14 hours a day on the battery, the display is perfect for me with some of the available tweeks that are out there for the color and gamma adjustments. My 3g signal and connection is better than it was on my Epic and when LTE comes on line this will be just that much better. The screen size is perfect, not to big not to small. The zero shutter lag is great I can outperform an sgs2 in that field hands down.
I would invest some time in reading first your phone manual and then really researching these threads to learn how to properly use your device.

Sent from a phone...
Last edited by edfunkycold; 14th May 2012 at 10:31 PM.
15th May 2012, 12:20 AM   |  #79  
Senior Member
Flag San Francisco, Ca
Thanks Meter: 32
 
220 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edfunkycold

I think some of you either have bad phones or have no idea what your doing with the technology. I have had my LTE Nexus for just 2 weeks and it's awesome. I am on sprint so I'm not going to even try to compare my 3g speeds to someone on att. But as far as the phone itself the functionality and the speed at which it processes its incredible. With every single tweek and or kernal mods it just improves. I'm going 12 to 14 hours a day on the battery, the display is perfect for me with some of the available tweeks that are out there for the color and gamma adjustments. My 3g signal and connection is better than it was on my Epic and when LTE comes on line this will be just that much better. The screen size is perfect, not to big not to small. The zero shutter lag is great I can outperform an sgs2 in that field hands down.
I would invest some time in reading first your phone manual and then really researching these threads to learn how to properly use your device.

Sent from a phone...

I totally agree! With the various kernels out there battery life has improved tremendously. The only thing I'm concerned, (more wondering than concerned about), is if the sprint gnex will see as much development as the Verizon or GSM version? If the HTC evo lte gets more dev support than the sprint gnex, I might have considered to go for that.
15th May 2012, 12:25 AM   |  #80  
edfunkycold's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag S. FLORIDA
Thanks Meter: 4,478
 
5,471 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick3444

I totally agree! With the various kernels out there battery life has improved tremendously. The only thing I'm concerned, (more wondering than concerned about), is if the sprint gnex will see as much development as the Verizon or GSM version? If the HTC evo lte gets more dev support than the sprint gnex, I might have considered to go for that.

I dont think you need to worry about that, the development on this is just a couple of weeks old and it's already impressive. As more of the other Samsung unit developers and themes jump to the new device itself will grow. The official CM9 developed for this device is partially the team which developed cm for the Epic. Plus many things such as themes and kernels are interchangeable with our Verizon cousins.

Sent from a phone...

The Following User Says Thank You to edfunkycold For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Nexus General by ThreadRank