Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Verizon "Certified Like New"

OP ad78

13th February 2012, 11:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 61

461 posts
i am very pleased with the replacement i have right now. and it looks to me the hardware is much newer. this is the first replacement since launch day. the old one has this branding at the back "11.11" the new one has "11.12"

and also typing *#*#786#*#* gave me this info
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-02-13-16-50-03.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	900719  
The Following User Says Thank You to ad78 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2012, 11:09 PM   |  #2  
Flag OKC, OK
Thanks Meter: 5

100 posts
More
Phone is too new still for them to have lots of refurb's, I have gotten around 5 GNEX's and they all were basically brand new.
13th February 2012, 11:13 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

43 posts
"basically" brand new? Hmmm.. Can you elaborate?

To the OP, thanks for that "*#*#786#*#*" trick. Hadn't seen that before. I swapped out my first SGN and got a replacement one from VZW. Was always wondering if it was a refurb. This says it is not.

BUT... you've got to ask: Is VZW coding that field? In other words, are they flipping the "Reconditioned Status" bit in the refurb process, or are they just noting the refurb status somewhere in their own system that we don't see.
14th February 2012, 01:27 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 266

1,955 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimsdale

"basically" brand new? Hmmm.. Can you elaborate?

To the OP, thanks for that "*#*#786#*#*" trick. Hadn't seen that before. I swapped out my first SGN and got a replacement one from VZW. Was always wondering if it was a refurb. This says it is not.

BUT... you've got to ask: Is VZW coding that field? In other words, are they flipping the "Reconditioned Status" bit in the refurb process, or are they just noting the refurb status somewhere in their own system that we don't see.

Well with the nexus s, its Samsung who refurbished the phones and changed the status. So my guess would be those are legit brand new units.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium
14th February 2012, 05:17 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 61

461 posts
another proof is when i activated my google wallet, i got $10 again. so means this phone is totally unused.
7th May 2012, 10:59 PM   |  #6  
Flag Memfrica
Thanks Meter: 5

299 posts
More
Sorry to bump a dead thread but m gf just got her Galaxy Nexus for VZW through amazon and she said it game in a reg white box that just said verizon and nothing else.

The code mentioned in the first thread doesnt seem to work on her or even mine (GSM model running CM9)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread