XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verizon "Certified Like New"

Tip us?

ad78
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Default Verizon "Certified Like New"

i am very pleased with the replacement i have right now. and it looks to me the hardware is much newer. this is the first replacement since launch day. the old one has this branding at the back "11.11" the new one has "11.12"

and also typing *#*#786#*#* gave me this info
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-02-13-16-50-03.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	900719  
The Following User Says Thank You to ad78 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nfrederick
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Phone is too new still for them to have lots of refurb's, I have gotten around 5 GNEX's and they all were basically brand new.

dimsdale
Old
Thanks Meter 4
"basically" brand new? Hmmm.. Can you elaborate?

To the OP, thanks for that "*#*#786#*#*" trick. Hadn't seen that before. I swapped out my first SGN and got a replacement one from VZW. Was always wondering if it was a refurb. This says it is not.

BUT... you've got to ask: Is VZW coding that field? In other words, are they flipping the "Reconditioned Status" bit in the refurb process, or are they just noting the refurb status somewhere in their own system that we don't see.

Rem3Dy
Old
Thanks Meter 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimsdale View Post
"basically" brand new? Hmmm.. Can you elaborate?

To the OP, thanks for that "*#*#786#*#*" trick. Hadn't seen that before. I swapped out my first SGN and got a replacement one from VZW. Was always wondering if it was a refurb. This says it is not.

BUT... you've got to ask: Is VZW coding that field? In other words, are they flipping the "Reconditioned Status" bit in the refurb process, or are they just noting the refurb status somewhere in their own system that we don't see.
Well with the nexus s, its Samsung who refurbished the phones and changed the status. So my guess would be those are legit brand new units.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

ad78
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
another proof is when i activated my google wallet, i got $10 again. so means this phone is totally unused.

mad_vtak
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Sorry to bump a dead thread but m gf just got her Galaxy Nexus for VZW through amazon and she said it game in a reg white box that just said verizon and nothing else.

The code mentioned in the first thread doesnt seem to work on her or even mine (GSM model running CM9)