Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Verizon galaxy nexus antenna

OP Terry_blair

9th January 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
atlanta
Thanks Meter: 6

76 posts
More
My Verizon upgrade is due in February and though I love my galaxy nexus the reception is terrible constantly in 3g. I had an s3 for about 6 months always had 4g but just missed my nexus to much and switched back despite the constant data drops..

Which phones on Verizon have the best/descent/worst antenna?
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
9th January 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #2  
charleroi PA
Thanks Meter: 1,884

1,452 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry_blair

My Verizon upgrade is due in February and though I love my galaxy nexus the reception is terrible constantly in 3g. I had an s3 for about 6 months always had 4g but just missed my nexus to much and switched back despite the constant data drops..

Which phones on Verizon have the best/descent/worst antenna?

do you have the latest radios for toro? i get 4g even in my woods when im riding.
10th January 2014, 04:01 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
atlanta

76 posts
More
Yes, this is my third nexus as well. So either the receptions sucks or I have really bad luck.

10th January 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #4  
Flag copperhill
Thanks Meter: 153

629 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyboi:)

do you have the latest radios for toro? i get 4g even in my woods when im riding.

I don't know about the newer phones, but my brother always used to get moto phones while I got Samsung and HTC and his phone always got better signal than mine

10th January 2014, 07:02 PM   |  #5  
charleroi PA
Thanks Meter: 1,884

1,452 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremytn86

I don't know about the newer phones, but my brother always used to get moto phones while I got Samsung and HTC and his phone always got better signal than mine

go to settings>about phone>baseband version= it should say for the vzw variant "I515.10 V.FK01 / I515.FK02" <-if you dont have that version,go to this ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1890585 ) and get the latest radios,since your still getting drops and bad speeds you might need to upgrade your radios.
11th January 2014, 05:51 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
atlanta

76 posts
More
i have the latest radios, though my question is redundant... i have had a nexus for 2 years always keeping up with the latest radios.
12th January 2014, 04:19 AM   |  #7  
Pittsburgh, PA.
Thanks Meter: 399

1,754 posts
More
Same problem here. It's bad enough that in switching to T-Mobile as son as I can. I'm done with Verizon's sub par network and crap phone selection. I love my gnex but paying for 4g and rarely getting 4g to work is just not worth staying with them. I had the same problem on my Moto Bionic. I think their network is just receiving way to much traffic for it to handle and they don't have enough towers or networking to deal with it. Sorry, just my rant I had to get out.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread