Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 41,126 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verizon galaxy nexus antenna

Tip us?

Terry_blair
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Verizon galaxy nexus antenna

My Verizon upgrade is due in February and though I love my galaxy nexus the reception is terrible constantly in 3g. I had an s3 for about 6 months always had 4g but just missed my nexus to much and switched back despite the constant data drops..

Which phones on Verizon have the best/descent/worst antenna?
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

pattyboi:)
Old
Thanks Meter 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry_blair View Post
My Verizon upgrade is due in February and though I love my galaxy nexus the reception is terrible constantly in 3g. I had an s3 for about 6 months always had 4g but just missed my nexus to much and switched back despite the constant data drops..

Which phones on Verizon have the best/descent/worst antenna?
do you have the latest radios for toro? i get 4g even in my woods when im riding.

Terry_blair
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Yes, this is my third nexus as well. So either the receptions sucks or I have really bad luck.

jeremytn86
Old
Thanks Meter 143

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyboi:) View Post
do you have the latest radios for toro? i get 4g even in my woods when im riding.
I don't know about the newer phones, but my brother always used to get moto phones while I got Samsung and HTC and his phone always got better signal than mine

pattyboi:)
Old
Thanks Meter 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremytn86 View Post
I don't know about the newer phones, but my brother always used to get moto phones while I got Samsung and HTC and his phone always got better signal than mine

go to settings>about phone>baseband version= it should say for the vzw variant "I515.10 V.FK01 / I515.FK02" <-if you dont have that version,go to this ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1890585 ) and get the latest radios,since your still getting drops and bad speeds you might need to upgrade your radios.

Terry_blair
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
i have the latest radios, though my question is redundant... i have had a nexus for 2 years always keeping up with the latest radios.

t1.8matt
Old
Thanks Meter 394
Same problem here. It's bad enough that in switching to T-Mobile as son as I can. I'm done with Verizon's sub par network and crap phone selection. I love my gnex but paying for 4g and rarely getting 4g to work is just not worth staying with them. I had the same problem on my Moto Bionic. I think their network is just receiving way to much traffic for it to handle and they don't have enough towers or networking to deal with it. Sorry, just my rant I had to get out.
Google Nexus 5

Moto X DE

Nexus 7 1G