5,604,730 Members 33,519 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Volume+ (Sound Boost) temp anecdote for low speaker volume issue!!

Tip us?

justifi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Volume+ (Sound Boost) temp anecdote for low speaker volume issue!!

The exact search term is " Volume+ (Sound Boost) " in the android market . You can copy & paste that into the android market search field minus the quotation marks. The free version doesn't have sound boost in it's title and the volume level won't go up high enough. In preferences in the app, you need to be able to select somewhere between 8-10. Too low, nothing and too high doesn't work either.

Very important, when you download the app for the first time, there is quick one time visual tutorial. Do everything exactly what it says to do, if not, won't work. If you can take screen shots of the directions, your better off. After that one time, you would have to un—install and than re—install to see it again. It only comes up right after the initial install.

The only variance is your volume number in the preferences . Test, if it's working, by listening to the preset ring tones in the system settings of the phone.
I was afraid, that I might of had to exchange the phone because the speaker volume was so bad. This app makes a significant difference.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justifi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Smartstradamus
Old
Thanks Meter 5
You can get the full version for free from the developers site which has a link in the Market page of the lite version.
I keep mine set on 10 and it gives me the perfect volume.
It's the way the phone should have come.....
I am surprised samsung or google have not rectified this with the last 2 ota updates.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Smartstradamus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ThugEsquire
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartstradamus View Post
You can get the full version for free from the developers site which has a link in the Market page of the lite version.
I keep mine set on 10 and it gives me the perfect volume.
You're the man now, dog.

biglipps66
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Works GREAT.

Has anyone tried the Headset or IN CALL settings yet???

subxero123
Old
Thanks Meter 161
thanks for the info, will try this when i receive my GN

mobilehavoc
Old
Thanks Meter 287
10 makes a difference but isn't there a chance of blowing the speaker by doing this or are we safe?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HTC One - 2.17 Stock (4.2.2) || Nexus 4 - CyanogenMod 10.1 Stable ||

biglipps66
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilehavoc View Post
10 makes a difference but isn't there a chance of blowing the speaker by doing this or are we safe?

10 was REALLY loud with my text tones with vol on max. Im at 8 now and the speaker sounds loud but not poppy or distorted. Im going to try the earpiece vol next

SequinScandal
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Help!

By any chance do you remember the steps? I just bought the app but accidently pressed the back button on the tutorial part. Is there anyway to go back to it?

wayneb02
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by SequinScandal View Post
By any chance do you remember the steps? I just bought the app but accidently pressed the back button on the tutorial part. Is there anyway to go back to it?
If u clear data and open it again u can see the steps

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

wonshikee
Old
Thanks Meter 48
4.0.2 addressed volume issue in Nav, any chance it addressed the low volume globally?