Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Warranty Replacement 2014?

OP abezzilla99

9th April 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9

112 posts
Hi, I have had my gnex for about 2 years and just yesterday the vibration just gave out it faintly rattles. I could deal with the burn in, signal, and battery problems but now I want to use the warranty replacement. Now first I want to know what should I do to send it back I have a custom rom and recovery with bootloader unlocked so is it necissary for me to flash back stock everything? And if I do how can I do that quickly and easily? I have windows 8.1 and I read somewhere adb is hard to set up on it and I haven't used it before. Secondly since its been so long after the phone was discontinued will I get another phone as a replacement? I have seen some people getting motorolas and even galaxy s3s and I would probably be fine with whatever phone as long as I can get root and or a kitkat rom. I know if they have and gnexs they will try to give me a 16gb model which I will not accept (I have a 32gb). Sorry for such a long post but just want to make sure if I leave this phone I get a suitable replacement, thank you! Any tips and info will be appreciated!
13th April 2014, 10:11 AM   |  #2  
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 44

268 posts
More
I may be wrong but the warranty only covers the first year from purchase.
13th April 2014, 10:43 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 54

273 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowetdio

I may be wrong but the warranty only covers the first year from purchase.

You're right. It's one year unless extended warranty coverage was added.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
14th April 2014, 06:14 AM   |  #4  
N/A
Thanks Meter: 29

116 posts
More
Thumbs up open enrollment verizon 2.99$ a month
covers all hardware issues and some software/function issues... they had open enrollment a few weeks back and i got on it, had a replacement sent out, good as new.
18th April 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

10 posts
I would also verify your credit card policy if you bought your phone with it. Sometimes they offer extended warranty.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
20th April 2014, 05:17 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abezzilla99

Hi, I have had my gnex for about 2 years and just yesterday the vibration just gave out it faintly rattles. I could deal with the burn in, signal, and battery problems but now I want to use the warranty replacement. Now first I want to know what should I do to send it back I have a custom rom and recovery with bootloader unlocked so is it necissary for me to flash back stock everything? And if I do how can I do that quickly and easily? I have windows 8.1 and I read somewhere adb is hard to set up on it and I haven't used it before. Secondly since its been so long after the phone was discontinued will I get another phone as a replacement? I have seen some people getting motorolas and even galaxy s3s and I would probably be fine with whatever phone as long as I can get root and or a kitkat rom. I know if they have and gnexs they will try to give me a 16gb model which I will not accept (I have a 32gb). Sorry for such a long post but just want to make sure if I leave this phone I get a suitable replacement, thank you! Any tips and info will be appreciated!

warranty only works for 1 year after purchase, if you send it to them they will send you a quote for all the repairs they will need to do. if you have home insurance phones are covered on it depending on the plan you have.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread