5,595,196 Members 46,998 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

WCDMA Preferred on 4.0.4 (GSM/CDMA Auto (PRL) on 4.0.2)

Tip us?

taylerdurden
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by odin13 View Post
Same here...i flashed the image from Google and can't change it although when i select 2g only in settings menu it does change from wcdma to gsm only...

Didn't check this menu after updating from 4.0.2 to 4.0.4

*i have gsm gnex..on 4.0.3 roms the setting would be gsm/cdma

Verstuurd van mijn Galaxy Nexus met Tapatalk
Since I buyed the phone, that means with 4.0.2 and 4.0.1, I have had GSM/CDMA Auto (PRL), it is asi the phone comes becuase I kept it all stock. But, fur installing the 4.0.4 I have flashed the full image, and it is then the change has come. It is very strange, because people who have received the OTA officially, keeps the GSM/CDMA Auto (PRL) selected..

DaLoona
Old
Thanks Meter 6
If you want some powersaving from switching data/bands , get a custom rom like AOKP 29, then you can set a powersave function to switch to 2g or turn data completely off, automatically when going to stand-by. Or get an app like juicedefender, it does the same.

taylerdurden
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaLoona View Post
If you want some powersaving from switching data/bands , get a custom rom like AOKP 29, then you can set a powersave function to switch to 2g or turn data completely off, automatically when going to stand-by. Or get an app like juicedefender, it does the same.
I only want to know why the OTA leaves the GSM/CDMA Auto (PRL) option active, and the full system image set WCDMA Preferred and doesn´t let to change it..

caliber177
Old
Thanks Meter 58
I too have the same thing with AOKP Build 29.... it normally sticks to WCDMA Preferred.... but on AOKP Build 28, it sticks to GSM/CDMA Auto PRL....

can someone shed some light on this?

Mawdo
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I did flash the FULL factory image from the google page but i have an option to change it ( and it have WCDMA PREFERRED pre-selected ) i have a GSM version and i have no idea which one is the best option....
FLASHOLIC
MODEL NUMBER : galaxy nexus
ANDROID VERSION : 4.1
BASEBAND VERSION : I9250XXLA2
BUILD NUMBER : JRO03C

caliber177
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawdo View Post
I did flash the FULL factory image from the google page but i have an option to change it ( and it have WCDMA PREFERRED pre-selected ) i have a GSM version and i have no idea which one is the best option....
I think we all have the option to change it.... the question is, does it stick after you exit the menu? Can you set it to GSM Auto PRL, reboot, and it stays on that setting?

Let us know.

Mawdo
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Here's a screenshot of the options but i have a extreme Battery improvement on this update "4.0.4" and i don't have any idea why...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-04-01-01-03-38[1].jpg
Views:	504
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	975762   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-04-01-01-03-52[1].jpg
Views:	495
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	975763  
FLASHOLIC

Mawdo
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliber177 View Post
I think we all have the option to change it.... the question is, does it stick after you exit the menu? Can you set it to GSM Auto PRL, reboot, and it stays on that setting?

Let us know.
ok i will check that

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

Quote:

Let us know.
NOPE it will stay as long as you didn't reboot the phone, but once you turn off the power it's gone
FLASHOLIC

caliber177
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Wow, but it actually stays if you leave the menu, do other things, then go back to the menu, and you have GSM Auto PRL when you return?

Mawdo
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Wow, but it actually stays if you leave the menu, do other things, then go back to the menu, and you have GSM Auto PRL when you return?
The anser is YES
FLASHOLIC