XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Windows 8

Tip us?

fk.gregor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Smile Windows 8

I have a gnex and I like it, a lot. These windows phones coming out look pretty cool and their just now catching up with some hardware specs us android users are used to. What do you guys think of these windows phones? Im curious to know the app development for the OS. Thats the only thing keeping me away. Your thoughts?

Smokeey
Old
Thanks Meter 321
So you like locked down garbage that will never actually be updated?

Good for you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

"the definition of open: 'mkdir android ; cd android ; repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git ; repo sync ; make'" -Andy Rubin

Devices:
Droid Incredible
Samsung Galaxy Nexus[LTE]
LG G2[T-Mobile]
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Smokeey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

askpcguy
Old
Thanks Meter 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by fk.gregor View Post
I have a gnex and I like it, a lot. These windows phones coming out look pretty cool and their just now catching up with some hardware specs us android users are used to. What do you guys think of these windows phones? Im curious to know the app development for the OS. Thats the only thing keeping me away. Your thoughts?
Have a look at windowsphone.interopabilitybridges.com

Many articles point out as more users move to the Windows Phone platform, app devs will move over as well.

Sent from my SGH-I727 using xda premium
MIUI-JB-2.12.07

Click image!

down8
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Definitely shows promise, but I'm locked into Android for the time being.

Just pulled out my HD2, which has WP7.5 on it (giving to my bro for a loaner), and it is a slick interface. Zune may have flopped, but it is just nice to use.

But, I'm Google-locked for now.

-bZj
Google Galaxy Nexus - GSM, 16GB, rooted
Asus EeePad Transformer 32GB - rooted 3.2, 1.42GHz (Blades kernel), keyboard dock, 16GB microSD
HTC HD2 - various tytung GB/ICS or WP7 ROMs, battery boost case, 8GB microSD
T-Mobile G2x - returned; Samsung Vibrant - traded; T-Mobile G1 - sold; XDA Trion - sold; Axim x50 - for sale
Grammar? Spelling? Punctuation? In the Dream section? Never heard of it!

GldRush98
Old
Thanks Meter 199
Not even remotely interesting. User interface is atrocious.
---Phone---
Nexus 5 32gb
Android 4.4.2 KOT49H, Baseband 1.0.25.0.23, Unlocked, rooted, TWRP Recovery 2.6.3.4
---Tablets---
Samsung Note 10.1 2014 Edition 32gb
Android 4.3, stock & rooted
Nexus 7 16gb
Android 4.4.2 KOT49H, Unlocked, rooted, TWRP Recovery 2.6.3.1
---Past---
Galaxy Nexus (AT&T)
Android 4.3 JWR66Y, Baseband I9250XXLJ1, Unlocked, rooted, Clockwork Touch 6.0.4.3
Google Nexus One | AT&T Fuze (Touch Pro) | AT&T 8525 (Hermes) | AT&T 8125 (Wizard)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GldRush98 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dri94
Old
Thanks Meter 544

DONATE TO ME
Beautiful phones softwate and hardware wise. Run extremely smooth especially the lumia 920. I like android for the freedom but if i had to choose a business phone it would be a windows phone 8 device. Apps are still far behind as their new. If you dont play games tho then they have apps for everything productivity wise.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

NexusDro
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Lumia 920 looks pretty nice. I have an upcoming hardware upgrade and since I'm buying the Nexus 4 outright, I'll upgrade to the Lumia to give it a try. I hope that Microsoft won't pull another Windows Phone 7 not upgradable to Win8 thing.

ahmadallica
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dri94 View Post
Beautiful phones softwate and hardware wise. Run extremely smooth especially the lumia 920. I like android for the freedom but if i had to choose a business phone it would be a windows phone 8 device. Apps are still far behind as their new. If you dont play games tho then they have apps for everything productivity wise.

I have always thought the same way. It looks very nice as a business phone especially that Windows OS is mostly used in offices at organizations so it should pair and integrate better with Windows Phone I guess, however, they seem either more expensive or same price to high-cost Android phones, so this makes it harder to pick a WIndows Phone if I can get a similar specifications running Android which will also fit well as a business phone
Soldier-3Point0 Old
Thanks Meter
Maybe Windows will go back to the top once again? :sarcasm:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

akira02rex
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier-3Point0 View Post
Maybe Windows will go back to the top once again? :sarcasm:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Windows will always dominate the Enterprise market...

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe