Thread Closed

Windows 8

OP fk.gregor

5th November 2012, 06:43 AM   |  #11  
Flag perth
Thanks Meter: 245

1,191 posts
More
I use windows 8 pro on my laptop an everyone goes on about lack of apps well they have all the popular apps that apple appstore an play store has just not as many games but at least they got street fighter lV which looks impressive on my led HD screen unlike android but then again PC games kill any iOS,android or console game out there, besides google an root apps I don't use anything else on my gnex.
Last edited by slayr76; 5th November 2012 at 06:55 AM.
5th November 2012, 12:11 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 1,044

2,055 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayr76

I use windows 8 pro on my laptop an everyone goes on about lack of apps well they have all the popular apps that apple appstore an play store has just not as many games but at least they got street fighter lV which looks impressive on my led HD screen unlike android but then again PC games kill any iOS,android or console game out there, besides google an root apps I don't use anything else on my gnex.

they're taking about the mobile os...

the wp8 app store is a graveyard
5th November 2012, 01:26 PM   |  #13  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 23

134 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayr76

I actually had to read 3 times to understand.
But it is actually about the mobile version.
5th November 2012, 02:23 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 49

877 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akira02rex

Windows will always dominate the Enterprise market...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Windows no doubt will continue to rule in in the workspace with windows 8 on tablets. So most people will need one. When it come s to the mobile phone market apple and Google should dominate for awhile.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
5th November 2012, 02:34 PM   |  #15  
Flag perth
Thanks Meter: 245

1,191 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crixley

they're taking about the mobile os...

the wp8 app store is a graveyard

I don't know how you didn't understand my post I clearly said windows 8 pro on my Pc, but I agree win 8 on a smartphone or tablet would be complete garbage compared to android, its a no brainer win8 mobile clearly sucks but so did android before ICS an jellybean came along, I absolutely despised gingerbread an anything before it compared with iOS back then.
Last edited by slayr76; 5th November 2012 at 02:52 PM.
5th November 2012, 03:07 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 49

877 posts
More
Fyi All windows 8 operating systems can be considered mobile now. Just depends on what hardware its on. Tablets with keyboard attachments are going to be huge in 2013.

5th November 2012, 04:14 PM   |  #17  
Flag ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Thanks Meter: 1,751

7,444 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfDaMarvel

Fyi All windows 8 operating systems can be considered mobile now. Just depends on what hardware its on. Tablets with keyboard attachments are going to be huge in 2013.

No they aren't. Just because companies will make them doesn't mean they will be huge. Adding a keyboard attachment defeats the entire point of a tablet and I think the market will respond accordingly.
5th November 2012, 04:27 PM   |  #18  
Flag Oakland Gardens, NY
Thanks Meter: 1

24 posts
I think Windows 8 phones might start to catch on in enterprises but for the mainstream users they will probably stick with Apple or Android. How well the phones integrate to the Office suite of products will drive the success or failure of the Windows 8 OS in my opinion.
5th November 2012, 06:06 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 154

678 posts
I hear "windows" i think "virus" .... no thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to woody296 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th November 2012, 06:32 PM   |  #20  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,673

9,620 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody296

I hear "windows" i think "virus" .... no thanks.

That's funny because when I hear "infected" the first word that comes to mind is "noob.".
Last edited by adrynalyne; 5th November 2012 at 08:53 PM.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to adrynalyne For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread