Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,052 Members 43,445 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Windows 8

Tip us?

crixley
Old
Thanks Meter 1,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayr76 View Post
I don't know how you didn't understand my post I clearly said windows 8 pro on my Pc, but I agree win 8 on a smartphone or tablet would be complete garbage compared to android, its a no brainer win8 mobile clearly sucks but so did android before ICS an jellybean came along, I absolutely despised gingerbread an anything before it compared with iOS back then.
I did understand your post, apparently you didn't understand mine..

I was saying that the op was talking about the mobile wp8......

slayr76
Old
(Last edited by slayr76; 5th November 2012 at 07:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by crixley View Post
I did understand your post, apparently you didn't understand mine..

I was saying that the op was talking about the mobile wp8......
I know the op was talking about mobile win8 , does that mean I can't refer to win8 on PC vs win8 on a smartphone lol, considering win8 smartphones are yet to be made available until Nokia 920 hits the stores officially very soon an win8 on PC is already out makes more sense to talk about it, they want $799 for Nokia lumina 920 which is outrageous for a phone with only dual core an 1gb of ram yet you can get the lg n4 for $350 an way better specs on jellybean 4.2, hmm.

woody296
Old
Thanks Meter 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrynalyne View Post
That's funny because when I hear "infected" the first word that comes to mind is "moron".
I respect you for who you are and what you do for this community, but so many people get a virus\malware\spyware infection on windows machines and have no idea how it happened. Average people...yes...morons... probably not.

adrynalyne
Old
(Last edited by adrynalyne; 5th November 2012 at 07:44 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody296 View Post
I respect you for who you are and what you do for this community, but so many people get a virus\malware\spyware infection on windows machines and have no idea how it happened. Average people...yes...morons... probably not.
You either know how to stay virus free or don't.

I've not had one in 10 years. Of course they don't know how it happened because they have no concept of safe computing.

You don't have to open those attachments and no you aren't a contest winner. On top of that, there are no websites that know you are infected. No, clicking that button in the popup will not fix your computer.

If folks have trouble with viruses, go to OS X so you don't have to learn common sense computing.

I know its harsh but someone has to say it.

It irks me when people blame an OS for viruses. You are right though, moron was too strong. Noob is better.
If you like what I do, buy me a brew!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adrynalyne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jpd_
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokeey View Post
So you like locked down garbage that will never actually be updated?

Good for you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
That escalated quickly.

On topic: The only phone that has me slightly interested is the Lumia 920. That thing is a beauty, if only they would bring a similar model to android. oh well, I don't really like Metro's UI. I guess I could get used to it but its too much for me :P

adrynalyne
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokeey View Post
So you like locked down garbage that will never actually be updated?

Good for you.

Android actually updates too quickly which increases fragmentation.
If you like what I do, buy me a brew!
The Following User Says Thank You to adrynalyne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NaterTots
Old
Thanks Meter 641
There are a couple of wp launchers in the market. I've played with them but not really big on it. After a day I'm back to stock or apex.

Are the ones on play close to the real windows phone is?

HTC EVO 4G - Sold
HTC EVO 4G LTE - Sold
HTC EVO 4G LTE - Sold
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Sold
Nokia 521- Sold
HTC First - Stock
Google N7 2012
Google Nexus 5
OnePlus One 64GB

jiwengang
Old
Thanks Meter 89

DONATE TO ME
I upgraded to Windows 8 on laptop and played with windows phones in store a bit. I like the stuff I have seen so far. It is promising.

I think Windows + Google may be the future dominant player. Apple will go downhill from here given the lack of innovation and extreme complacency.

Wrote a quick note on my blog facadesocial.com I am long term users here so I am not posting ads of this kind. Just don't want to repeat what i have been written in a less coherent format.

Plus I do plan to expand Facade into Windows 8 platform from development point of view.
DS7/Xoom WIFI/GNex(VZW)/HTCOne-X/BB Bold 9650(work)/BB10 Alpha+Playbook/Samsung GN2(VZW) (daily driver)
I write mobile apps for Android. Here is the Paid Version, Free for XDA Folks.
My App: FacadeMy Blog: http://www.facadesocial.com

LiquidXed
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I had a htc touch pro 2.. it was my first smart phone and i love it.. custom rom of coarse "energy roms" loved them.. but then i tried the android port for the rhodiums and fell hard for android.. android for me is what i look for in a phone but then again i havent tried any of the new m$ os, so i cant really say.. i have noticed with windows u really dnt get updates unless u got custom, but also with android only select phones get updates. Thats y if i stay with android, ill never buy any other phone but a nexus.. the support on other android phones is terrible. I think the maufactors should only release one model each so we can get the updates and support we need and deserve..
Ex: i had a samsung captivate glide and they released an ics update from gingerbread which was totally unstable so they pulled it, leavin the people that installed it either to deal with an unstable phone or flash some mods to fix them which voids ur warranty. And that was months ago and still no new update to fix the issue. U think they would care.. Thats bulls*** and is y i got a nexus and will never buy anything but..

Sorry for the hijack.. i was just venting..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to LiquidXed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

InfDaMarvel
Old
(Last edited by InfDaMarvel; 5th November 2012 at 08:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by 063_XOBX View Post
No they aren't. Just because companies will make them doesn't mean they will be huge. Adding a keyboard attachment defeats the entire point of a tablet and I think the market will respond accordingly.
Windows will continue to dominate worldwide. People will once again adopt the latest windows OS. I don't see why you think they wouldn't just because the physical state of the PC/Laptop is changing. Adding a keyboard adds to the functionality of a tablet, it doesn't defeat it lol.

I'm not at all saying they'll dominate the mobile phone market. But that's just 1 segment of "mobile".

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe