Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,205 Members 40,174 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Windows 8

Tip us?

dancingtortoise
Old
Thanks Meter 53
I bought a cheap lumia 710 last year to try out windows phone. I have to say that I enjoyed it. The os is so smooth and beautiful. The lack of apps was def a downer, how is instagram still not on windows phone? Also the fact I couldn't d.l email attachments. I don't know if that's changed. But being a rooted android user it was kind of nice not constantly looking for a new rom or new tweaks to flash. The neat thing about it tho is you can buy a cheap ass windows phone and the os is still going to run smoothly. I still prefer my galaxy nexus but if I had to choose between a cheaply made android phone or a cheaply made windows phone I'd choose the windows phone BC the experience will be better.

Just my 2 cents.
Aka dancingtortoise

jadephyre
Old
Thanks Meter 277
Is Instagram now a killer-argument for not buying a phone ? :P

But to stay on topic: I tried WP7/8 a few times, and it is really smooth, but for me the Interface was a bit jumbled at times. I don't really like it when my icons are just floating in "mid-air" basically. There's just too much "empty" going on in the interface.

Not that I want my interface all cluttered up like some OEM's think it needs to be.
Phone: LG Nexus 4 16GB, running Android 4.4 KitKat KRT16S
Tablet: Asus Nexus 7 32Gb WiFi, running Android 4.4 KitKat KRT16S

dancingtortoise
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadephyre View Post
Is Instagram now a killer-argument for not buying a phone ? :P

But to stay on topic: I tried WP7/8 a few times, and it is really smooth, but for me the Interface was a bit jumbled at times. I don't really like it when my icons are just floating in "mid-air" basically. There's just too much "empty" going on in the interface.

Not that I want my interface all cluttered up like some OEM's think it needs to be.
Its not BC I did buy it. But it goes to show that such popular apps are just present on windows phone.
Aka dancingtortoise

KennyG123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 25,942

DONATE TO ME
There is a sticky to discuss other devices.
Please use it.
Thanks
FNM

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe