5,606,409 Members 33,347 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What In The World Is Going On With XDA As of Late?

Tip us?

cmoG530
Old
(Last edited by cmoG530; 26th January 2013 at 03:03 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1003
Default What In The World Is Going On With XDA As of Late?

I'm sure I'm not the only person who notices, but the past couple of weeks or so, XDA has been downright ridiculous...or should I say the members?

People are so tense. People don't even bother to read. Most of the time, the answer is just a few messages back. No OP's are being read. People are just....I don't know. It's like everyone is on smack or something. What makes it worse, is that the same questions get asked many times and yet, people keep on asking.

This creates problems, because the people who need help cannot find it, through the continuous garbage that's being spilled and it seems as if the mod(s) have gone missing...or maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. Then, we have the people who hide under the guise of being a "newb" hoping that, it'll give them an excuse, when apparently these same people have been on this site, for quite some time and some KNOW better. Haha, then they get upset when their answer isn't spoon fed to them.

*sigh*

I mean, REALLY people, what's going on? You can call this a rant if you choose, but I feel better now. People, just read....and experiment. There's no reason why you be asking how to use a rom specific feature in a rom. Not with videos and well written guides out there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk HD
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to cmoG530 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crixley
Old
Thanks Meter 1007
lately????!!??
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to crixley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cmoG530
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1003
Default Re: What In The World Is Going On With XDA As of Late?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crixley View Post
lately????!!??
Okay, well in general. Lol It just seems as if it's been peaking and people wonder why some are getting angry. I don't blame those who do. I'm angry as well.lol

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmoG530 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crixley
Old
Thanks Meter 1007
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreshy View Post
Okay, well in general. Lol It just seems as if it's been peaking and people wonder why some are getting angry. I don't blame those who do. I'm angry as well.lol

It was like this as far back as I can remember...

My account may be new but Ive been lurking for years now
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crixley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lrm537
Old
Thanks Meter 69

Just the same old same old. Some folks just don't want to get their learn on. The Note 2 threads are rife with it at the moment.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
The Following User Says Thank You to lrm537 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

croakz
Old
Thanks Meter 5

It definitely seems that people don't tend to have the patience to read through the posts. It took me 3 days to read through all the posts of the above how to build cm10.1 posts and while some questions and posts I would end up reading the same questions every couple page's

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to croakz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cmoG530
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1003

Quote:
Originally Posted by croakz View Post
It definitely seems that people don't tend to have the patience to read through the posts. It took me 3 days to read through all the posts of the above how to build cm10.1 posts and while some questions and posts I would end up reading the same questions every couple page's

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Yes, like for instance. It has to be near a hundred times, where PA user's asked "How do we use pie?". It's in the settings. Two clicks man, TWO clicks! Lazy isn't even the word.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmoG530 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Khizar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6689
Quote:
Originally Posted by phreshy View Post
Yes, like for instance. It has to be near a hundred times, where PA user's asked "How do we use pie?". It's in the settings. Two clicks man, TWO clicks! Lazy isn't even the word.

this would stop happening if all the "helpful" users stopped spoonfeeding this lazy ppl answers... those users think they are helping ppl but what they dont realize is that they are actually making those lazy users stupider and when they have issues they will start useless threads and start posting usless posts in the dev section... that is why i say either ignore these posts or give a reply that requires them to read.. like when i read stupid question in the PA thread i reply with "either search the thread or read the paranoid 101 thread that is linked in my sig"

PS- honestly if the answer is on the same page that they posted on or 1 page back, then those users should not be allowed to flash roms IMO

Current Phone- Samsung Galaxy Note 3(N9005)

I have a "thank on sight" list, not many people are in it (mostly devs), BUT if i see a user that goes out of their way to help users then they will be added to it..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Khizar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ben.nesheim
Old
Thanks Meter 202

This happens all the time all over xda happened in the evo forums when it was popular and right now and has been popular. Especially when sprint had a deal on them. Just try to remember it the Internet... We were all noobs

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Stock/
Samsung Galaxy S 4 SGH-I337 4.4.2 GPE
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Unlocked GSM) - PA 4.3+leanKernel
HTC EVO 4G - Retired still works actually!
Blackberry Bold 9650
Blackberry Tour 9630
iPhone 3GS
HTC Hero
Blackberry Curve 8330m
wow....ok im gonna stop Lolz

cmoG530
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1003

Quote:
Originally Posted by k786 View Post
this would stop happening if all the "helpful" users stopped spoonfeeding this lazy ppl answers... those users think they are helping ppl but what they dont realize is that they are actually making those lazy users stupider and when they have issues they will start useless threads and start posting usless posts in the dev section... that is why i say either ignore these posts or give a reply that requires them to read.. like when i read stupid question in the PA thread i reply with "either search the thread or read the paranoid 101 thread that is linked in my sig"

PS- honestly if the answer is on the same page that they posted on or 1 page back, then those users should not be allowed to flash roms IMO
Dude, you read my mind ENTIRELY! There's always that person who replies after you and tells the person who asks, the entire thing. Then, we get looked at as the bad guys. It's not that at all. We care enough about the community, to want everyone be knowledgeable in these things. Think of the people who, after reading, may become developers down the line. They need to learn. How about said persons power goes out. How in the world would they know how to preserve their devices to the fullest, if they DON'T have knowledge? There IS no asking "Hey, I'm a newb and my power is out. How do I set my brightness to a lower level and clock my CPU down, so I can save some battery?" At that point.

It ticks me, because instead of being able to easily find and help hose who need it, or to find out information, I have to wade through countless pages of garbage, just to find what I'm looking for. No to mention, that Tapatalk isn't search friendly. I just hope people will "go the extra mile". Not just for themselves, but for the community as a whole.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe