Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Worth the wait?

OP ericwalsh

2nd November 2011, 09:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag brick
Thanks Meter: 0

86 posts
More
So my phones been broken since August, and I have no backups. In other words, I haven't had a phone since mid-August. Anyway, I just got some money for my birthday and job. Should I wait until the Galaxy Nexus comes out for tmo in late November? If not, suggest getting any other phone?

EDIT:hmm alright. I need a phone.. Im trying not to spend the most amount of money because im going to buy the Nexus during christmas time, but can anyone steer me in the right direction in buying a used phone off craigslist? Preferably a decent one? Price Range $100-$275. I have T-mobile but any phone thats compatible whether its unlocked or not I'll be willing to get. I'm in jersey BTW, in case any of you want to give it a look.
Last edited by ericwalsh; 3rd November 2011 at 02:45 AM.
2nd November 2011, 09:18 PM   |  #2  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag buried under loads of work IRL
Thanks Meter: 1,580

11,521 posts
Donate to Me
More
if you read this topic http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1316800

you'll know you're in for a very long wait

but it might be worth it, depending how fan are you of stock AOS
The Following User Says Thank You to AllGamer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd November 2011, 09:30 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 33

198 posts
More
If you have enough money to buy one unlocked for the full price, then you should hopefully have it by this month end.

If you are looking for tmo subsidized, then there is a possibility that you might have wait longer.
The Following User Says Thank You to ruthlesset For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd November 2011, 09:31 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag brick

86 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllGamer

if you read this topic http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1316800

you'll know you're in for a very long wait

but it might be worth it, depending how fan are you of stock AOS

yea, I read through a bunch of pages in that thread. If I have to wait a week or two, I'll be fine with that... And I'm just going to root it assuming it will be possible as other Nexus phones were easily rooted..

Just not so sure if its hitting tmobile.. I dont come on here as much as I used to, but if you find ANY news having to do with tmo and the galaxy nexus or the release date, mind Pming me? thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlesset

If you have enough money to buy one unlocked for the full price, then you should hopefully have it by this month end.

If you are looking for tmo subsidized, then there is a possibility that you might have wait longer.

yea, I think ill just be buying it full price unfortunately.
2nd November 2011, 10:00 PM   |  #5  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 1,715

7,850 posts
More
Only you can decide for yourself which phone is best and what is "worth" the wait for you.

Just do the research and decide what's good for you.
2nd November 2011, 11:09 PM   |  #6  
Flag Raleigh
Thanks Meter: 155

928 posts
Donate to Me
More
I will personally wait till prices drop at Christmas. My captivate is going super strong after installing miui. I got money, lots of it... So gonna buy unlocked! No seriously, it's because I am going out of the country mid next year for a while... Some legal issues...

Sent from my cell phone. DUH
2nd November 2011, 11:17 PM   |  #7  

728 posts
Oh Oh ...

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk
2nd November 2011, 11:19 PM   |  #8  

198 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho2097

I will personally wait till prices drop at Christmas. My captivate is going super strong after installing miui. I got money, lots of it... So gonna buy unlocked! No seriously, it's because I am going out of the country mid next year for a while... Some legal issues...

Sent from my cell phone. DUH

legal issues... considering your forum name is psycho I wonder...
3rd November 2011, 02:37 AM   |  #9  
OP Member
Flag brick

86 posts
More
hmm alright. I need a phone.. Im trying not to spend the most amount of money because im going to buy the Nexus during christmas time, but can anyone steer me in the right direction in buying a used phone off craigslist? Price Range $100-$275
3rd November 2011, 02:38 AM   |  #10  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 1,715

7,850 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericwalsh

hmm alright. I need a phone.. Im trying not to spend the most amount of money because im going to buy the Nexus during christmas time, but can anyone steer me in the right direction in buying a used phone off craigslist? Price Range $100-$275

Just search craigslist and find one you like lol.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread