Media = 87.9% Of Battery Usage WTF

Search This thread

lilfleck

Oct 12, 2010
Hey Guys - I recently loaded a JB rom (aokp build 1) and lean kernel (much better than the included one) and my battery life has been crappy. I just installed GSam Battery Monitor and it shows App Usage @ 94.9%, more specifically, Media is using 87.9% of my battery!

Included packages:
Download Manager
Downloads

Included Processes:
*wakelock*
android.process.media

What can I do about this? I tried disabling Google Now & Google music sync... still no luck.

tkc11409

Jan 22, 2011
I had a problem similar to this, it was caused by a widget I had on my homescreen. It was constantly fetching info and running my data up and my battery down.

Hey Guys - I recently loaded a JB rom (aokp build 1) and lean kernel (much better than the included one) and my battery life has been crappy. I just installed GSam Battery Monitor and it shows App Usage @ 94.9%, more specifically, Media is using 87.9% of my battery!

Included packages:
Download Manager
Downloads

Included Processes:
*wakelock*
android.process.media

What can I do about this? I tried disabling Google Now & Google music sync... still no luck.

sambaba

Jan 3, 2012
Can you please provide details? I am still experiencing this drainage on VZ galaxy nexus , android 4.1

Dec 5, 2012

Included packages:
Download Manager
Downloads

Included Processes:
*wakelock*
android.process.media

Try disabling currents...this helped a ton on my phone...what widgets do you have on your home screens and what accounts do you have syncing?

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Try disabling currents...this helped a ton on my phone...what widgets do you have on your home screens and what accounts do you have syncing? Also turn screen to auto brightness, turn wifi off if not in a wifi area as it will be constantly searching and make sure gps is only on if you are using navigation as this will eat up battery. I always like having the power widget on one of my home screens so I can quickly click them off and on.