[Q] How to decrypt an encrypted phone and restore as is?

Search This thread

MelBH

Oct 27, 2018
I guess my boyfriend encrypted my phone last night while I was asleep I turned it on this morning and it said my phone has been encrypted for security and is asking for a passcode well he said he didn’t do it well I know I didn’t do it and we was the only two there and so he says he don’t know the pass code and I know I don’t

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    decryption on android

You can decrypt on android without having to factory reset and losing data.

Follow the procedure below:
    Go to settings menu >> select lockscreen >> select password >> type a six digit password containing atleast one number or as shown in encryption option >> now select security (it should be right below the lockscreen option) >> now select encrypt extsd or encrypt device (whatever you pressed while encrypting your device) >> deselect all the check boxes (not a single option to be ticked) >> press the continue button below >> press disable encryption >> you will be asked for password . Just enter the 6 digit password you recently set under the lockscreen option >> your device/extsd should get decrypted .

Works well for my galaxy tab 2 running jelly bean.
    Pls report if it works or doesn't work.
    Alright cool, thanks! I noticed that I have to tap install for every app when I had done a restore for a friend. Is there any way around that? It's time consuming to have to press Install and Done for every app being restored.
    It did not work as the encrytption option is greyed out and nothing pops up even if u click on it. I guess the only way is to take backup and then rest and then restore.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note. I just followed these steps and it worked for me. There is a crucial step. Selecting a password of more than 6 characters. First pass I tried a shorter password in the "lock screen" step mentioned above. However when I navigated to the Security page to choose Decrypt, that button remained greyed out. When I repeated the same steps with a longer password it was enabled.