Post Reply

Root,Unroot,Roms,CWM,Stock,Hotspot, + Tips! [Over 25+!] [Mac + Windows!]11/18/12

OP techfanatic9

17th January 2013, 03:59 PM   |  #61  
normanx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lakeland Florida
Thanks Meter: 20
 
248 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Read more posts...if you go to the q and a section you will find your answers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Last edited by normanx; 17th January 2013 at 04:32 PM.
21st January 2013, 03:59 PM   |  #62  
Senior Member
Flag Vancouver, BC
Thanks Meter: 11
 
230 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Wind mobile which model
Hello, I am looking to root and unlock bootloader of my wife's phone so I can get her 4.2, however, I am not sure which phone model is hers.
I am using the toolkit 7.8.
She got her phone from Wind Mobile.
I believe her phone is version "7" (Yakju-Maguro JRO03C) based on her currently being on 4.1.1 as well as the build number starting with JRO03C but then having a series of numbers and letters following this.

If you could also help me with which image to get to put 4.2 that would be great.
I am thinking it should be the "yakju" based on the Canadian Wind Mobile model?
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Thanks for your confirmation and any help you can provide.
21st January 2013, 04:10 PM   |  #63  
TheMysteriousOne's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 524
 
689 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by windcan

Hello, I am looking to root and unlock bootloader of my wife's phone so I can get her 4.2, however, I am not sure which phone model is hers.
I am using the toolkit 7.8.
She got her phone from Wind Mobile.
I believe her phone is version "7" (Yakju-Maguro JRO03C) based on her currently being on 4.1.1 as well as the build number starting with JRO03C but then having a series of numbers and letters following this.

If you could also help me with which image to get to put 4.2 that would be great.
I am thinking it should be the "yakju" based on the Canadian Wind Mobile model?
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Thanks for your confirmation and any help you can provide.

As long as her phone is GSM, you can flash either the yakju or takju image, it doesn't matter. It's your choice.
You don't have to flash the image depending upon the current build.

If you still want to know the the firmware, have a look at this thread.

Quote:

HOW CAN I TELL WHICH FIRMWARE I HAVE ON MY DEVICE
Using any file manager app, go into your /system folder and open the file called "build.prop". Find the line that starts with ro.product.name. Whatever comes after the equals sign (=), that's the firmware you have.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheMysteriousOne For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2013, 05:33 AM   |  #64  
Senior Member
Flag Vancouver, BC
Thanks Meter: 11
 
230 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMysteriousOne

As long as her phone is GSM, you can flash either the yakju or takju image, it doesn't matter. It's your choice.
You don't have to flash the image depending upon the current build.

If you still want to know the the firmware, have a look at this thread.

I am not rooted yet though so I cannot confirm the version.
I suppose I will go through the process of installing drivers and rooting and hope I pick the right one?
22nd January 2013, 11:26 AM   |  #65  
TheMysteriousOne's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 524
 
689 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by windcan

I am not rooted yet though so I cannot confirm the version.
I suppose I will go through the process of installing drivers and rooting and hope I pick the right one?

You don't need to be rooted to see the build.prop
26th January 2013, 08:47 PM   |  #66  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
i am watching your guide or tutorial " How to Restore Galaxy Nexus i9250 to Stock Ice Cream Sandwich [GSM] " .. is it appropriate if i want to bring back 4.1.1 to stock firmware in galaxy nexus ? or will it require some other tutorial .. please guide .
i want to downgrade 4.1.1 to Galaxy nexus stock firmware
19th March 2013, 02:00 PM   |  #67  
Junior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
AK47
thanx for great guides , I flashed AK47 Rom & it went through fine the only trouble i am having is that the quick settings tile is not working , can anyone pls help me with that .

Cheers
23rd March 2013, 05:01 PM   |  #68  
Quote:
Originally Posted by arslan_sweeto1

i am watching your guide or tutorial " How to Restore Galaxy Nexus i9250 to Stock Ice Cream Sandwich [GSM] " .. is it appropriate if i want to bring back 4.1.1 to stock firmware in galaxy nexus ? or will it require some other tutorial .. please guide .
i want to downgrade 4.1.1 to Galaxy nexus stock firmware

Nope that guide will still work.
23rd May 2013, 08:59 PM   |  #69  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Problems unrooting, restoring, and locking my phone
Hello,

I love your web site. It is the best guide to taking the full advantage of Android phones, IMO. However, I have a problem and need your help.

I ran your one-click script to unroot and restore my phone (VZW Galaxy Nexus) to 4.22 . It simply locked the phone but didn't unroot or restore it. When I power up into the bootloader it says I'm locked, but I still have root access and the custom ROM I installed. I need to revert to stock, unroot, and lock the bootloader so I can return the phone. Please help!

My guess is I can't flash the stock ROM and unroot the phone while the bootloader is locked. So what happens if I unlock the bootloader now? I'm not sure there is any stock ROM on my phone for it to go to after it resets everything in the process.

Thanks
16th July 2013, 09:34 PM   |  #70  
Junior Member
Flag Oshawa
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
synergy rom
hi, i just want to know if you can flash synergy rom on samsung galaxy nexus ?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes