Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,893 Members 50,992 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root,Unroot,Roms,CWM,Stock,Hotspot, + Tips! [Over 25+!] [Mac + Windows!]11/18/12

Tip us?
 
normanx
Old
(Last edited by normanx; 17th January 2013 at 04:32 PM.)
#61  
normanx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 247
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lakeland Florida
Read more posts...if you go to the q and a section you will find your answers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Samsung Galaxy Nexus Rooted
CM10.0, Tiny Kernel 4.3.0

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NT...rrals_fb_post9
 
windcan
Old
#62  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 230
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC
Default Wind mobile which model

Hello, I am looking to root and unlock bootloader of my wife's phone so I can get her 4.2, however, I am not sure which phone model is hers.
I am using the toolkit 7.8.
She got her phone from Wind Mobile.
I believe her phone is version "7" (Yakju-Maguro JRO03C) based on her currently being on 4.1.1 as well as the build number starting with JRO03C but then having a series of numbers and letters following this.

If you could also help me with which image to get to put 4.2 that would be great.
I am thinking it should be the "yakju" based on the Canadian Wind Mobile model?
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Thanks for your confirmation and any help you can provide.
 
TheMysteriousOne
Old
#63  
TheMysteriousOne's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 524
Posts: 688
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by windcan View Post
Hello, I am looking to root and unlock bootloader of my wife's phone so I can get her 4.2, however, I am not sure which phone model is hers.
I am using the toolkit 7.8.
She got her phone from Wind Mobile.
I believe her phone is version "7" (Yakju-Maguro JRO03C) based on her currently being on 4.1.1 as well as the build number starting with JRO03C but then having a series of numbers and letters following this.

If you could also help me with which image to get to put 4.2 that would be great.
I am thinking it should be the "yakju" based on the Canadian Wind Mobile model?
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Thanks for your confirmation and any help you can provide.
As long as her phone is GSM, you can flash either the yakju or takju image, it doesn't matter. It's your choice.
You don't have to flash the image depending upon the current build.

If you still want to know the the firmware, have a look at this thread.

Quote:
HOW CAN I TELL WHICH FIRMWARE I HAVE ON MY DEVICE
Using any file manager app, go into your /system folder and open the file called "build.prop". Find the line that starts with ro.product.name. Whatever comes after the equals sign (=), that's the firmware you have.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheMysteriousOne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
windcan
Old
#64  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 230
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMysteriousOne View Post
As long as her phone is GSM, you can flash either the yakju or takju image, it doesn't matter. It's your choice.
You don't have to flash the image depending upon the current build.

If you still want to know the the firmware, have a look at this thread.
I am not rooted yet though so I cannot confirm the version.
I suppose I will go through the process of installing drivers and rooting and hope I pick the right one?
 
TheMysteriousOne
Old
#65  
TheMysteriousOne's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 524
Posts: 688
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by windcan View Post
I am not rooted yet though so I cannot confirm the version.
I suppose I will go through the process of installing drivers and rooting and hope I pick the right one?
You don't need to be rooted to see the build.prop
 
arslan_sweeto1
Old
#66  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 30
Join Date: Jun 2012
i am watching your guide or tutorial " How to Restore Galaxy Nexus i9250 to Stock Ice Cream Sandwich [GSM] " .. is it appropriate if i want to bring back 4.1.1 to stock firmware in galaxy nexus ? or will it require some other tutorial .. please guide .
i want to downgrade 4.1.1 to Galaxy nexus stock firmware
 
aaloksapra
Old
#67  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Delhi
Default AK47

thanx for great guides , I flashed AK47 Rom & it went through fine the only trouble i am having is that the quick settings tile is not working , can anyone pls help me with that .

Cheers
 
techfanatic9
Old
#68  
techfanatic9's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1134
Posts: 404
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vernon Hills, IL

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by arslan_sweeto1 View Post
i am watching your guide or tutorial " How to Restore Galaxy Nexus i9250 to Stock Ice Cream Sandwich [GSM] " .. is it appropriate if i want to bring back 4.1.1 to stock firmware in galaxy nexus ? or will it require some other tutorial .. please guide .
i want to downgrade 4.1.1 to Galaxy nexus stock firmware
Nope that guide will still work.
YouTube - Check out my Channel for a TON of Android Videos!!
AndroidRootz.com - Check out my Website for TONS of Android Tutorials!
Facebook
Google Plus
Twitter


Don't forget to hit that thanks button!
Please donate if you enjoy my toolkits / other work!
 
dougbloch
Old
#69  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default Problems unrooting, restoring, and locking my phone

Hello,

I love your web site. It is the best guide to taking the full advantage of Android phones, IMO. However, I have a problem and need your help.

I ran your one-click script to unroot and restore my phone (VZW Galaxy Nexus) to 4.22 . It simply locked the phone but didn't unroot or restore it. When I power up into the bootloader it says I'm locked, but I still have root access and the custom ROM I installed. I need to revert to stock, unroot, and lock the bootloader so I can return the phone. Please help!

My guess is I can't flash the stock ROM and unroot the phone while the bootloader is locked. So what happens if I unlock the bootloader now? I'm not sure there is any stock ROM on my phone for it to go to after it resets everything in the process.

Thanks
 
bilalt
Old
#70  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Oshawa

 
DONATE TO ME
Default synergy rom

hi, i just want to know if you can flash synergy rom on samsung galaxy nexus ?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes