XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4.2 and Tethering Issues?

Tip us?

xxx4rch4ng3lxxx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] 4.2 and Tethering Issues?

First off, if it matters, I have the Verizon Galaxy Nexus.

I went from running DarkPA 2.54 (or there-abouts) and was tethering pretty much as my main internet. Laptop, Xbox, PS3, Vita, etc, that were all working just fine with little to no hiccups in performance. After flashing a 4.2 ROM (Paranoid Android 2.99.6 [i believe that's the version]), I have been having very strange issues with my tethering.

First and foremost, if it's a gaming system, it is being refused an IP address. No amount of messing with settings has yielded any positive results, and the only way of getting internet for them (though choppy and intermittent) is sharing internet to the laptop, then from the laptop to the systems.

Are there any solid suggestions on what may be the case? I'm attempting to return to a pre-4.2 build to see if something in 4.2 causes the issue, though I can't really do much more research into it than that, as I'm still a bit of a noob to the inner workings. Has anybody else had similar issues or better luck?

Thanks in advance!

GinNjoose
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx4rch4ng3lxxx View Post
First off, if it matters, I have the Verizon Galaxy Nexus.

I went from running DarkPA 2.54 (or there-abouts) and was tethering pretty much as my main internet. Laptop, Xbox, PS3, Vita, etc, that were all working just fine with little to no hiccups in performance. After flashing a 4.2 ROM (Paranoid Android 2.99.6 [i believe that's the version]), I have been having very strange issues with my tethering.

First and foremost, if it's a gaming system, it is being refused an IP address. No amount of messing with settings has yielded any positive results, and the only way of getting internet for them (though choppy and intermittent) is sharing internet to the laptop, then from the laptop to the systems.

Are there any solid suggestions on what may be the case? I'm attempting to return to a pre-4.2 build to see if something in 4.2 causes the issue, though I can't really do much more research into it than that, as I'm still a bit of a noob to the inner workings. Has anybody else had similar issues or better luck?

Thanks in advance!
Same problem here. The 4.2.2 OTA killed my ability to tether with Xbox. Can't seem to get anywhere on this issue