Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,631 Members 50,898 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4.3 is not booting but 4.4 is

Tip us?

jesan9
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [Q] 4.3 is not booting but 4.4 is

i have been using 4.4 (CM,OMNI,Vanir,etc..) for a long time, now i want to go back to 4.3.1 (tried CrDorid,CM,Beanstalk) and all the 4.3 Roms i get boot loop... why is this happening?

sorry for my bad english... and thx!

rami2013
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesan9 View Post
i have been using 4.4 (CM,OMNI,Vanir,etc..) for a long time, now i want to go back to 4.3.1 (tried CrDorid,CM,Beanstalk) and all the 4.3 Roms i get boot loop... why is this happening?

sorry for my bad english... and thx!

strange because bootloop is related to corrupted rom or you are not wiping (3wipe) before installin new rom or old, i already test the kitkat Slimkat and to return to the 4.3.1 dirty unicorn the most cutomizable one and very good stability also, am using the classic CWM not the TWRP full touch version
so try to flash a CWM again then another rom

jesan9
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rami2013 View Post
strange because bootloop is related to corrupted rom or you are not wiping (3wipe) before installin new rom or old, i already test the kitkat Slimkat and to return to the 4.3.1 dirty unicorn the most cutomizable one and very good stability also, am using the classic CWM not the TWRP full touch version
so try to flash a CWM again then another rom
i did that, tried TWRP (format system,cache anda data) and then CWM and nothing happened... but anyways, i can live with 4.4...

jesan9
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
i cant even boot on 4.2.2... i want to go back and i cant, im stuck in 4.4.2 ._. plz help

mkuehl06
Old
Thanks Meter 139

DONATE TO ME
You guys will probably have to Odin back to stock and then flash from there. Seems like something got corrupted with your upgrade into 4.4 I've personally gone all the way back down to 4.1.1 from 4.4 and had no issues. This was just to test a ROM but still.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

mrgnex
Old
Thanks Meter 268
Or just use fastboot. Why isnt there love for fastboot?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app
SΛMSUNG/Google Galaxy Nexus
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: A.S.K.P. Patty Remix

SΛMSUNG/Google Nexus 10
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: Stock Vanir

jesan9
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkuehl06 View Post
You guys will probably have to Odin back to stock and then flash from there. Seems like something got corrupted with your upgrade into 4.4 I've personally gone all the way back down to 4.1.1 from 4.4 and had no issues. This was just to test a ROM but still.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
i used NexusRootToolkit like 3 times and the stock 4.3 jwr66y is the only 4.3 that is booting... i cant understand why is this happening... im about to download a 4.2.2 rom to see if it boots... sorry for my english again

Tags
bootloop 4.3