5,604,730 Members 33,095 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.3 toro update,new radios?

Tip us?

pattyboi:)
Old
(Last edited by pattyboi:); 29th December 2013 at 03:56 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1276
Default 4.3 toro update,new radios?

hello everyone,has anybody taken the official OTA from VZW and found new radios ? or has anyone found a zip with a new radio? (if there is one)
i dont have adb nor fastboot on my computer as im away from home for awhile,so if anybody can inform of new radios/bootloader changes,please post them,thanks in advance!

ironside2011
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyboi:) View Post
hello everyone,has anybody taken the official OTA from VZW and found new radios ? or has anyone found a zip with a new radio? (if there is one)
i dont have adb nor fastboot on my computer as im away from home for awhile,so if anybody can inform of new radios/bootloader changes,please post them,thanks in advance!
When was the verizon 4.3 update announced?

Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1276
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironside2011 View Post
When was the verizon 4.3 update announced?
i believe the 18th,i dont know for sure to be honest,i havent looked since ive been on cm11 for awhile now,but its on the google nexus binary site.

ironside2011
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
i believe the 18th,i dont know for sure to be honest,i havent looked since ive been on cm11 for awhile now,but its on the google nexus binary site.
Your right they are there but without the factory images. Its near impossible to do anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to ironside2011 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

a2f
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironside2011 View Post
Your right they are there but without the factory images. Its near impossible to do anything.
You sure? I've flashed just the radio image in the past on an old HTC Evo. I think there are switches in the commands for adb if I'm not mistaken.

OP, are you having the problem where your data connection turns off if you go from 4G to 3G and back?

ironside2011
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2f View Post
You sure? I've flashed just the radio image in the past on an old HTC Evo. I think there are switches in the commands for adb if I'm not mistaken.

OP, are you having the problem where your data connection turns off if you go from 4G to 3G and back?
I bet your right, I'm not skilled that way though

Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1276
Quote:

no sir i am not,but my speeds for data are really bad at times and i barely get a bar of signal in a real town where we have a verizon building,i just was hoping that maybe the new update had new radios or radio patches that could increase performance.

a2f
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
no sir i am not,but my speeds for data are really bad at times and i barely get a bar of signal in a real town where we have a verizon building,i just was hoping that maybe the new update had new radios or radio patches that could increase performance.
Possible but I wouldn't count on it.

Are you unable to upgrade to the 4.3 OTA so far away from home?

Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1276
Quote:
Possible but I wouldn't count on it.

Are you unable to upgrade to the 4.3 OTA so far away from home?
not ATM,i cant reflash to stock from where im at,thats why i was just wondering if anyone noticed any substantial change in the radios.

ironside2011
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
not ATM,i cant reflash to stock from where im at,thats why i was just wondering if anyone noticed any substantial change in the radios.
Where can I find the 4.3 the ota