Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Adobe Flash?? Please lend a hand.

OP SHAK3R

10th June 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

32 posts
Sorry for bombarding the forum with questions. As I've mentioned in a previous thread I just bought the gnex as a replacement since I'm grandfathered in and can't afford a new phone.

Anyway, sorry about that. Is there a way to get adobe flash without rooting. Can a apk work, if so could someone send it to me? I tried getting it via Google play previously installed apps but it won't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app
10th June 2014, 06:12 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 256

432 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAK3R

Sorry for bombarding the forum with questions. As I've mentioned in a previous thread I just bought the gnex as a replacement since I'm grandfathered in and can't afford a new phone.

Anyway, sorry about that. Is there a way to get adobe flash without rooting. Can a apk work, if so could someone send it to me? I tried getting it via Google play previously installed apps but it won't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/goog...oid-4-t2548001

Flash is no longer supported beyond jellybean

There is a workaround follow the guide I linked to get flash working.
10th June 2014, 03:48 PM   |  #3  
Flag under philadelphia above Delaware, beer heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,530

4,401 posts
Donate to Me
More
you can get the apk from official flash website, I use firefox browser after installing flash apk and it works just fine(most of time) I'm on 4.4 based rom

wish Adobe still officially supported Linux in general
10th June 2014, 07:49 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

32 posts
Thanks both of you. I do intend on rooting just haven't had the time.

As for the .apk. Do you know if it will work with with 4.2.2 and other browsers or just FF?

Thanks.

PS
You said supported beyond JB. I'm on JB, 4.2.2

Last edited by SHAK3R; 10th June 2014 at 07:55 PM.
10th June 2014, 11:32 PM   |  #5  
Flag under philadelphia above Delaware, beer heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,530

4,401 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAK3R

Thanks both of you. I do intend on rooting just haven't had the time.

As for the .apk. Do you know if it will work with with 4.2.2 and other browsers or just FF?

Thanks.

PS
You said supported beyond JB. I'm on JB, 4.2.2

rooting your galaxy nexus will take no time at all
once you've unlocked bootloader and installed custom recovery(ALL EXTREMELY SIMPLE) you can just flash either the superuser root zip if you plan to stay stock, or ANY of the roms available all seem to come with root(except shiny, which to root you just flash the su zip after)
just wanted to let you know that it's NOTHING to be stressed about, EXTREMELY easy to do ANYTHING on the Gnex

I am POSITIVE it will NOT work with Chrome. chrome on android doesn't support flash playback at all, never has, go figure huh? the desktop chrome comes with it's OWN flash version, but not for android lol!
it SHOULD however work with the aosp stock browser, firefox, and dolphin browser(i think dolphin browser has a special add-on to support using flash)
and also maybe opera and some others. any specific one you were thinking about?

I can send ya the apk I use personally if you want it, no need to root to install it, just enable unknown sources in security settings in main settings, install the apk, and I usually reboot after that just to be "sure" is being recognized by browser apps.

and I'm not CERTAIN, but I think official support was stopped at/after.initial release of 4.1 JB, JB held the name from 4.1-4.3
11th June 2014, 01:40 AM   |  #6  
Flag Vlaardingen
Thanks Meter: 302

1,047 posts
More
Do you still need flash? I havent installed it and have no issues at all. Maybe it is included in the browser?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread