Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,731 Members 50,599 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

is there an Android 2.0 based launcher out there for 4.4?

Tip us?

dreamwave
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Default is there an Android 2.0 based launcher out there for 4.4?

I like nova launcher and all, but I'd really like to be able to use one of the original pull up app drawer, and if it could have some of the Cm theming as well, that would be great. I just kind of miss having it there, and would like it around just because I lived with it for years on my g1 and kind of liked how it worked.
Probably sent from my Galaxy Nexus running CM11, or maybe from my Galaxy S3 running Slimkat...either way it was sent from something with OLED and a custom ROM...even my computer with custom compiled Kubuntu...

If I helped you in any way, just remember that the thanks button won't bite the tail off of your cursor if you click on it

isajoo
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Not exactly what your looking for but if you set it up right (just a single app drawer button activated from the bottom of the screen only) you could achieve something similar:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ace.piecontrol

GL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1400126525326.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	2744512   Click image for larger version

Name:	1400126537193.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	2744515  

dreamwave
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
yeah...I'm really thinking something like a recompiled version of the android 1.6 stock launcher with an allowance for install on devices with 4.4. If someone wants to attempt this, I think the source code is downloadable from here: https://android.googlesource.com/pla...apps/Launcher/ but I don't know how modifying it would work
Probably sent from my Galaxy Nexus running CM11, or maybe from my Galaxy S3 running Slimkat...either way it was sent from something with OLED and a custom ROM...even my computer with custom compiled Kubuntu...

If I helped you in any way, just remember that the thanks button won't bite the tail off of your cursor if you click on it

dreamwave
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
I'm still looking for one...isn't there source code that someone could modify and compile?