XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I can't take it anymore

Tip us?

jeffreynothing43
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default I can't take it anymore

I get homescreen redraws - constantly. I have tried removing every widget possible, changing every setting, and all the ''keep activities etc'' unchecked, keep homescreen in memory. I need help on this. It's driving me crazy. I've tried live wallpapers, regular wallpapers. I can't think of anything else.

neerajvd
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Redraws drive everyone crazy.
But in order to help you, we need some details like Android version, root, ROM, kernel, launcher, total apps installed, free RAM..

If you haven't rooted your phone, I'd suggest you to do it and get rid of the unwanted apps.
If you have root, try changing kernels to find out the one that suits ur ROM.
Also, you can install Greenify to restrict background apps.

You either own a Nexus. or you own nothing
GNex powered by: Paranoid Android 4+
Mods: BEATS + XLOUDER , Zenyth V3 , HOLO GLASS , Blacked Out GApps
Nexus 7: Stock KitKat

AndyYan
Old
Thanks Meter 784
My guess is that you have so many apps running in the background and eating RAM that the launcher has to be cleared out of memory. Check your available RAM.

Sent from Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE @ CM11

Current devices:
Google Nexus 4 (CM11 Nightly)
Google Nexus 7 (2013, WiFi) (CM11 Nightly)
Motorola Droid RAZR M (CM11 Nightly)
Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE (CM11 Nightly)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (CM11 Nightly)
HTC Incredible S (CM11 Unofficial)
Nokia E7-00 (Symbian Anna 025.007 Cracked)

jeffreynothing43
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyYan View Post
My guess is that you have so many apps running in the background and eating RAM that the launcher has to be cleared out of memory. Check your available RAM.

Sent from Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE @ CM11
I am running Beanstalk, 4.2.2 build. I was using the kernel that came with the rom, which I guess CM based. I was using stock launcher but switched over to the KK Launcher. Not sure about free RAM as I flashed Mopang's kernel after I read both of your responses. According to System Panel, I don't have that much running in the background. Is there a better app to use to help manage that?

Looking at "apps" it shows I have about 270mbs of RAM.

neerajvd
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreynothing43 View Post
I am running Beanstalk, 4.2.2 build. I was using the kernel that came with the rom, which I guess CM based. I was using stock launcher but switched over to the KK Launcher. Not sure about free RAM as I flashed Mopang's kernel after I read both of your responses. According to System Panel, I don't have that much running in the background. Is there a better app to use to help manage that?

Looking at "apps" it shows I have about 270mbs of RAM.
Are you still getting launcher redraws with 270mb free RAM?
And do you mean 4.2.2 or 4.4.2?
A few suggestions would be to switch to a 4.4.2 ROM now that they are almost stable.
Else try some other launcher like Nova, or Apex.

You either own a Nexus. or you own nothing
GNex powered by: Paranoid Android 4+
Mods: BEATS + XLOUDER , Zenyth V3 , HOLO GLASS , Blacked Out GApps
Nexus 7: Stock KitKat

jeffreynothing43
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajvd View Post
Are you still getting launcher redraws with 270mb free RAM?
And do you mean 4.2.2 or 4.4.2?
A few suggestions would be to switch to a 4.4.2 ROM now that they are almost stable.
Else try some other launcher like Nova, or Apex.
I haven't had one yet since I have installed the other kernel... I am on 4.2.2. All the KK Roms I've tried have been really choppy and slow, or don't have all the features I like. I'm open to suggestions though. I am on the Sprint network. I will try another launcher if it keeps happening. I wish I had a more definitive idea of what is causing it. My girlfriend never has these problems and is using the same launcher has me. I set up most of her phone as well.

bsmitty83
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5393
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreynothing43 View Post
I haven't had one yet since I have installed the other kernel... I am on 4.2.2. All the KK Roms I've tried have been really choppy and slow, or don't have all the features I like. I'm open to suggestions though. I am on the Sprint network. I will try another launcher if it keeps happening. I wish I had a more definitive idea of what is causing it. My girlfriend never has these problems and is using the same launcher has me. I set up most of her phone as well.
try using lagfix app from the play store , should take care your problem on a 4.2 rom