Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,675 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ART enabled dirty flash

Tip us?

D1BB
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default ART enabled dirty flash

Just wondering if anyone can tell me whether its necessary to revert to dalvik before dirty flashing nightlies. I got stuck at boot when leaving ART enabled, so I've been switched to dalvik before flashing. Is this standard procedure? Its kind of a pain, didn't know if anyone was having luck leaving ART enabled. I'm running vanir btw. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

mrgnex
Old
Thanks Meter 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1BB View Post
Just wondering if anyone can tell me whether its necessary to revert to dalvik before dirty flashing nightlies. I got stuck at boot when leaving ART enabled, so I've been switched to dalvik before flashing. Is this standard procedure? Its kind of a pain, didn't know if anyone was having luck leaving ART enabled. I'm running vanir btw. Thanks in advance.

I'm running vanir too. With ART enabled. The boot does take longer with ART. And after boot it will optimize apps which takes ages with ART. I'm flashing nightlys with ART enabled and no problems here. Just some patience friend

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app
SΛMSUNG/Google Galaxy Nexus
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: A.S.K.P. Patty Remix

SΛMSUNG/Google Nexus 10
Kernel: Stock Vanir

Atento
Old
Thanks Meter 121
No problem here. It takes a bit longer than dalvik, but it's normal due to the difference between them.

The Following User Says Thank You to Atento For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

D1BB
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Thanks a lot, that'll save me some time. I waited about 4 minutes which is how long it usually takes to originally enable ART and nothing was happening so I figured it was stuck. This was also many builds back. Thanks again guys.

mrgnex
Old
Thanks Meter 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1BB View Post
Thanks a lot, that'll save me some time. I waited about 4 minutes which is how long it usually takes to originally enable ART and nothing was happening so I figured it was stuck. This was also many builds back. Thanks again guys.

Try a clean flash. I had that same issue. Then did a clean flash, switched to ART and everything was fine. Maybe let it boot for 15 minutes or so before doing this..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app
SΛMSUNG/Google Galaxy Nexus
Kernel: A.S.K.P. Patty Remix

SΛMSUNG/Google Nexus 10
Kernel: Stock Vanir

D1BB
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Flashed 1/31 nightly only wiping dalvik /cache with ART enabled and it started optimizing apps in 4 or 5 minutes. Just noticed 2/1 is up, hopefully I get the same results.

knuspertante
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default CyanogenMod

Hi, have anyone experience with cyanogen?