XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery issue

Tip us?

macr0sss
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Battery issue

I have my i9250 on CM11, fancy kernel and one of the latest twrp recovery.

I just changed a battery from original one (1750mAh) to slightly bigger one (2000mAh).

Once I tried to fully charge it, it got stuck at 90% and charging process turned off, like the battery was fully charged.

Is there anything I shall do? Like calibration (if so - how to do it?) Or is it the battery that is being screwed and I shall get it replaced.

New battery is not original Samsung battery. It says to be Li-ion battery.

TheMan0790
Old
Thanks Meter 311
Try to completely drain the new battery and then charge it, without unplugging it, to 100%.

Break me off a piece of that Kit-Kat ROM!

macr0sss
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan0790 View Post
Try to completely drain the new battery and then charge it, without unplugging it, to 100%.

Tried that solution, drained it down to 4% and then tried to fully charge. With no success, stuck on 89%.

I will call on for battery replacement.

And hey, grab that piece

TheMan0790
Old
Thanks Meter 311
Hmm...sucks to hear the problem isn't fixed. Does sound like the battery isn't getting a complete charge. But hey, I will grab a piece of some Kit-Kat!

mrgnex
Old
Thanks Meter 217
Maybe discharge it to 0% till it shuts off and then charge it. If that doesnt work try clearing batterystats (sdmaid has that option for example).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app
SΛMSUNG/Google Galaxy Nexus
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: A.S.K.P. Patty Remix

SΛMSUNG/Google Nexus 10
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: Stock Vanir

galaxy16
Old
Thanks Meter 9
try to power off your device and remove the battery, for 3 mins or more then insert back and connect your charger untill its fully charged

macr0sss
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Since its li.ion battery it shall not be fully discharged, may and probably would battery.

Waiting for new battery, probably will get it tomorrow and then will flash new snapshot of cm11 with full data reset. Hoping for positive results

macr0sss
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Change thread name as I guess it is no longer battery calibration thing.

Got another battery and problem persists.

Let me describe the whole story from the beginning.

With my maguro, about 4 months ago, on original battery I noticed worse battery performance. It was getting worse and worse but fairly slow. After about 2,5 months (6 weeks back from now) my phone stopped charging up to 100%. The highest value it would get was 94% and then it would turn off charging. I thought that my battery is dying. After another 3 weeks it would charge up only till 90% and then stop charging. I decided that its about right time to change the battery.

Found substitute with 2000mAh. And the rest of the story is above. It would not charge till 100% (would charge only up till 90%), so I thought that the battery is dodgy. Got a replacement. With new replacement of battery I decided also to do clean flash of new 20140107 CM11 nightly. After clean flash I still get the same problem - my phone does not charge up to 100%.

Checked under *#*#4636#*#*: it says it is Li-ion battery, so in line with what it says on the new battery package (at first I thought they might be selling old types of batteries [ni-cd or ni-mh] under Li-ion labels).

Do you have any idea what to do?

Please be aware that I have already tried:
- draining and then fully charging;
- charging phone with phone switched off;
- gave a phone few minutes with battery out so it could somehow "forget the past";
- different chargers (dc charger, usb charger, car charger);
- resetting battery stats

Anybody any help? Solutions? Same problems in the past?