Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Bluetooth works but suddenly causes bootloop. Is this due to faulty firmwares?

OP AbhishekS

19th September 2012, 07:43 AM   |  #11  
Flag Almelo
Thanks Meter: 283

828 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekS

The baseband of my GNex is I9250XXLF1. I am on official JB (4.1.1) on yakjuxfw.

Please help me, this is really annoying and I'm very scared to activate Bluetooth now.

You are on the latest baseband and Android version. And since you are completely stock and the problem also manifested itself on ICS, I'm going to say you are probably having a hardware issue there.
19th September 2012, 08:55 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai, India
Thanks Meter: 743

2,397 posts
More
That's really sad to hear. And as the GNex is not available officially in India, I can't get it replaced either.
BTW you said 'probably', what can be the other possibility?

Well I too have something to elaborate. Both the times (on ICS and JB), the problem occurred while activating Bluetooth from Notification Toggle (downloaded from Play Store). It's not that whenever I used Notification Toggle did the problem occur. Several times Bluetooth successfully got activated using Notification Toggle.
So as much as I feel that it could be a problem of Notification Toggle, I feel that the opposite is possible too.

Another thing is that I had downloaded a paid app for free from a torrent website. Tapatalk to be precise. Many of my friends suggested that and I wanted to try it out and so downloaded it from torrents. On both bootloop occasions, that 'pirated' copy of Tapatalk was present in my phone.

Now I have purchased Tapatalk, uninstalled that pirated copy, uninstalled Notification Toggle and now I just tried three Bluetooth transfers with my system (2 send and 1 receive) and they took place perfectly. Is it possible that the pirated copy of Tapatalk was causing the issue?

I know it's not ethical and even against the XDA rules to discuss about such pirated copies but I didn't want to hide anything when asking for a solution to my issue.
19th September 2012, 09:16 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 832

1,502 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekS

That's really sad to hear. And as the GNex is not available officially in India, I can't get it replaced either.
BTW you said 'probably', what can be the other possibility?

Well I too have something to elaborate. Both the times (on ICS and JB), the problem occurred while activating Bluetooth from Notification Toggle (downloaded from Play Store). It's not that whenever I used Notification Toggle did the problem occur. Several times Bluetooth successfully got activated using Notification Toggle.
So as much as I feel that it could be a problem of Notification Toggle, I feel that the opposite is possible too.

Another thing is that I had downloaded a paid app for free from a torrent website. Tapatalk to be precise. Many of my friends suggested that and I wanted to try it out and so downloaded it from torrents. On both bootloop occasions, that 'pirated' copy of Tapatalk was present in my phone.

Now I have purchased Tapatalk, uninstalled that pirated copy, uninstalled Notification Toggle and now I just tried three Bluetooth transfers with my system (2 send and 1 receive) and they took place perfectly. Is it possible that the pirated copy of Tapatalk was causing the issue?

I know it's not ethical and even against the XDA rules to discuss about such pirated copies but I didn't want to hide anything when asking for a solution to my issue.

If the problem happens again, I think you have to return it to where you purchased it from as it may be a hardware defect. Let's just hope it doesn't happen again. And I know you mentioned India does not officially sell the Galaxy Nexus. All the best!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
8th October 2012, 10:23 AM   |  #14  
Flag Medan
Thanks Meter: 55

169 posts
More
and yes, it happened to me too. Its bootloop, then i took the simcard out, then power on again, but takes a long time, only X logo for more than 10 minutes. Then its going to menu. Then, well, i check the settting, turn on the bluetooth again, bump ! it happened again.

FYI, device not rooted, bought three days ago, and its LOCKED.
24th October 2012, 09:18 PM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai, India

2,397 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanded

and yes, it happened to me too. Its bootloop, then i took the simcard out, then power on again, but takes a long time, only X logo for more than 10 minutes. Then its going to menu. Then, well, i check the settting, turn on the bluetooth again, bump ! it happened again.

FYI, device not rooted, bought three days ago, and its LOCKED.

Is the problem solved for you? If yes, then how?
25th October 2012, 04:01 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai, India

2,397 posts
More
@Kanded: Can you please tell whether it's solved or not?
8th March 2013, 05:33 PM   |  #17  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 116

531 posts
More
Unhappy The same problem with me!!
Not just in the GNex, it also happens with me in my HTC One V.. I can't find a fix anywhere on the internet? There's no one who can tell why this happens? I change ROMs but still it happens in every ROM!

I use Bluetooth for a few days... and BOOM! on one day it suddenly goes into boot loop....
8th March 2013, 05:37 PM   |  #18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mumbai, India

2,397 posts
More
Re: [Q] Bluetooth works but suddenly causes bootloop. Is this due to faulty firmwares
That is exactly the issue I face, exactly the same.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread