Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,216 Members 53,439 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bluetooth works but suddenly causes bootloop. Is this due to faulty firmwares?

Tip us?

Petrovski80
Old
Thanks Meter 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekS View Post
The baseband of my GNex is I9250XXLF1. I am on official JB (4.1.1) on yakjuxfw.

Please help me, this is really annoying and I'm very scared to activate Bluetooth now.
You are on the latest baseband and Android version. And since you are completely stock and the problem also manifested itself on ICS, I'm going to say you are probably having a hardware issue there.
Current phone
Model: Motorola Moto G | ROM: Cyanogenmod 11 | Recovery: PhilZ recovery

Phone history
Philips Diga | Motorola V3690 | Nokia 3310 | Nokia 3510 | Siemens S35 | Samsung D720 | SonyEricsson T630 | HTC Touch Diamond | Nokia 3500 classic | Nokia 6700 classic | Nokia N97 mini | Samsung Galaxy Ace | Samsung Galaxy Nexus | LG Nexus 5

AbhishekS
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 660
That's really sad to hear. And as the GNex is not available officially in India, I can't get it replaced either.
BTW you said 'probably', what can be the other possibility?

Well I too have something to elaborate. Both the times (on ICS and JB), the problem occurred while activating Bluetooth from Notification Toggle (downloaded from Play Store). It's not that whenever I used Notification Toggle did the problem occur. Several times Bluetooth successfully got activated using Notification Toggle.
So as much as I feel that it could be a problem of Notification Toggle, I feel that the opposite is possible too.

Another thing is that I had downloaded a paid app for free from a torrent website. Tapatalk to be precise. Many of my friends suggested that and I wanted to try it out and so downloaded it from torrents. On both bootloop occasions, that 'pirated' copy of Tapatalk was present in my phone.

Now I have purchased Tapatalk, uninstalled that pirated copy, uninstalled Notification Toggle and now I just tried three Bluetooth transfers with my system (2 send and 1 receive) and they took place perfectly. Is it possible that the pirated copy of Tapatalk was causing the issue?

I know it's not ethical and even against the XDA rules to discuss about such pirated copies but I didn't want to hide anything when asking for a solution to my issue.

akash3656
Old
Thanks Meter 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekS View Post
That's really sad to hear. And as the GNex is not available officially in India, I can't get it replaced either.
BTW you said 'probably', what can be the other possibility?

Well I too have something to elaborate. Both the times (on ICS and JB), the problem occurred while activating Bluetooth from Notification Toggle (downloaded from Play Store). It's not that whenever I used Notification Toggle did the problem occur. Several times Bluetooth successfully got activated using Notification Toggle.
So as much as I feel that it could be a problem of Notification Toggle, I feel that the opposite is possible too.

Another thing is that I had downloaded a paid app for free from a torrent website. Tapatalk to be precise. Many of my friends suggested that and I wanted to try it out and so downloaded it from torrents. On both bootloop occasions, that 'pirated' copy of Tapatalk was present in my phone.

Now I have purchased Tapatalk, uninstalled that pirated copy, uninstalled Notification Toggle and now I just tried three Bluetooth transfers with my system (2 send and 1 receive) and they took place perfectly. Is it possible that the pirated copy of Tapatalk was causing the issue?

I know it's not ethical and even against the XDA rules to discuss about such pirated copies but I didn't want to hide anything when asking for a solution to my issue.
If the problem happens again, I think you have to return it to where you purchased it from as it may be a hardware defect. Let's just hope it doesn't happen again. And I know you mentioned India does not officially sell the Galaxy Nexus. All the best!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

kanded
Old
Thanks Meter 55
and yes, it happened to me too. Its bootloop, then i took the simcard out, then power on again, but takes a long time, only X logo for more than 10 minutes. Then its going to menu. Then, well, i check the settting, turn on the bluetooth again, bump ! it happened again.

FYI, device not rooted, bought three days ago, and its LOCKED.

AbhishekS
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanded View Post
and yes, it happened to me too. Its bootloop, then i took the simcard out, then power on again, but takes a long time, only X logo for more than 10 minutes. Then its going to menu. Then, well, i check the settting, turn on the bluetooth again, bump ! it happened again.

FYI, device not rooted, bought three days ago, and its LOCKED.
Is the problem solved for you? If yes, then how?

AbhishekS
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 660
@Kanded: Can you please tell whether it's solved or not?

Paresh Kalinani
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Unhappy The same problem with me!!

Not just in the GNex, it also happens with me in my HTC One V.. I can't find a fix anywhere on the internet? There's no one who can tell why this happens? I change ROMs but still it happens in every ROM!

I use Bluetooth for a few days... and BOOM! on one day it suddenly goes into boot loop....

AbhishekS
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 660
Default Re: [Q] Bluetooth works but suddenly causes bootloop. Is this due to faulty firmwares

That is exactly the issue I face, exactly the same.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Galaxy Nexus user | Proud Virender Sehwag fan | Visit My Blog | Follow me on Twitter: @AbhishekMSharma | Add me on Google+