[Q] Bootloop - Have tried just about everything

1st September 2014, 07:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

15 posts
More
Well here I am, stuck in a bootloop after trying everything imaginable.

The bootloop popped up out of nowhere while after using Xposed to perform a soft reboot. The Google logo comes up, the bootanimation begins to play, then the phone restarts back to the Google logo. At the time I was running LiquidSmooth with DirtyV.

I've tried:
-Disabling Xposed
-Reflashing my ROM
-Clearing Data, cache, dalvik
-Flashing a new ROM
-Formatting everything I could find in CWM recovery
-Flashing the stock 4.2.2 factory image
-And even using TWRP to reformat from ext4 to f2fs for the heck of it.

And still the problem persists. I'm really at a loss here with no idea what could be causing it, other than some sort of hardware issue. The bootloader and recovery both work perfectly, and the logcat I was lucky enough to pull had no indication that anything was going wrong during boot. If anybody has any idea as to what could be causing this and if it can be fixed, or if anybody has a similar problem, please share.
1st September 2014, 08:30 AM   |  #2  
Flag Vlaardingen
Thanks Meter: 291

990 posts
More
Did you flash the factory image via fastboot? It could be a dead emmc.. To check that just lock the boot loader again. If it's unlocked on reboot your emmc is dead.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app
1st September 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgnex

Did you flash the factory image via fastboot? It could be a dead emmc.. To check that just lock the boot loader again. If it's unlocked on reboot your emmc is dead.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app

Factory image was flashed from fastboot, yes. The emmc appears to be fine too, judging by the check you suggested. I locked and unlocked the bootloader again powering off each time in between, and the changes stuck.

I'm not entirely sure what it could be at this point. I was messing around with some new overclocking settings at 1.6 GHz, but I'd imagine that if that caused a problem with the processor then recovery and fastboot wouldn't be working like they are. That and the reboots are too predictable and consistent for me to consider it a processor problem (but what do I know). I'm starting to think the soft reboot I did may have messed something up...
2nd September 2014, 06:18 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 225

413 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PainFly23

Factory image was flashed from fastboot, yes. The emmc appears to be fine too, judging by the check you suggested. I locked and unlocked the bootloader again powering off each time in between, and the changes stuck.

I'm not entirely sure what it could be at this point. I was messing around with some new overclocking settings at 1.6 GHz, but I'd imagine that if that caused a problem with the processor then recovery and fastboot wouldn't be working like they are. That and the reboots are too predictable and consistent for me to consider it a processor problem (but what do I know). I'm starting to think the soft reboot I did may have messed something up...

IMO sound like /system is stuck in a read only state. Possibly all of your partitions.

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

Also let it be noted there is no known fix for this issue.
4th September 2014, 01:14 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

15 posts
More
Probably not a read-only problem since I can flash a ROM and see the new bootanimation come up. Flashing images (like factory images or custom recoveries) through fastboot also works fine.

Regardless, this problem probably goes pretty deep (definitely a hardware failure) and doesn't seem like anything I'd be able to fix.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread