Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 53,143 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Well, Just bought myself a Galaxy Nexus

Tip us?

sparkplugDev
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by withbloodskies View Post
Well a handfull of Verizon nexus users are experiencing jb boot loops after several reboots to the phone.
I'm sure it probably won't affect me but you never know lol..
Also Verizon is horse crap for not letting Google release jb. Shame Verizon! Shame!

bOx Stash - https://www.box.com/shared/d8a46b7252c38069deb1
I didn't know that, it is certainly good to know though. but you should know verizon would never let a nexus device be a real nexus device but that's why we have root

withbloodskies
Old
Thanks Meter 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by nschiwy View Post
I didn't know that, it is certainly good to know though. but you should know verizon would never let a nexus device be a real nexus device but that's why we have root
Yeah! Not sure if its a day 1 root, I might play around with it and let it settle. But the boot loops from my understanding are making people use there computer to reflash stock .img.
Now I won't ways have a computer to use and this is why I'm hoping this won't happen and that maybe some users don't understand how to erase the rom properly.

Good to see ya here though!

Devices Owned
- Droid Incredible
- Galaxy Nexus [Verizon]

Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/ArtepSkywork
Box Stash - https://www.box.com/shared/d8a46b7252c38069deb1 - UCCW Only <-- Old.

ACHILLES R32
Old
(Last edited by ACHILLES R32; 13th August 2012 at 05:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmarkxd View Post
how much did you buy it for? i looked at ebay and buy now price is 50-100 bucks more than what the play store offers

right now im on the amaze 4g.. and the development is horrible... it has good hardware but oh my lord HTC refuses to release kernel source for the darn device. i dont know if HTC does that for the rest of their device ughhhhhh so im reluctant to buy another device from them. should i join you fellow gnex owners?

what device did you come from? ive been looking through the dev thread for the gnex and paranoid rom looks very enticing.
If you got the funds definitely get a galaxy nexus. I got mine from the play store. I upgraded from a HTC g2 .I'm very disappointed at HTC and their updates. After they dropped ICS from the Desire HD that was it for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Phone:Nexus 5 ROM:KitKat 4.4.2 Stock Rooted Recovery:TWRP 2.7.0.0 Radio:1.0.25.0.23 Bootloader:HHZ11k

Tablet:Nexus 7 ROM:CleanROM 2.6 Recovery:TWRP 2.7.0.0 Bootloader:FLO 04.02

Past Devices:Nexus 7 (2012) (SOLD) Nexus 4 (SOLD) Galaxy Nexus (SOLD) T-Mobile G2 (SOLD)

sparkplugDev
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by withbloodskies View Post
Yeah! Not sure if its a day 1 root, I might play around with it and let it settle. But the boot loops from my understanding are making people use there computer to reflash stock .img.
Now I won't ways have a computer to use and this is why I'm hoping this won't happen and that maybe some users don't understand how to erase the rom properly.

Good to see ya here though!

same to you! hopefully this device will live as long as the dinc

Jimmah555
Old
Thanks Meter 123
I'm a recent convert from a HTC Sensation. My backlight died and I hated TMOs lack of coverage, so I got two free GNex with family share at Best Buy this week. Android guy since G1, always wanted a nexus of some type, and I'm loving it. Rooted within an hour an am now spending time reading a ton of stuff and shopping ROMs. Development looks awesome and I'm looking forward to learning and geeking out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Jimlarck
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHILLES R32 View Post
If you got the funds definitely get a galaxy nexus. I got mine from the play store. I upgraded from a HTC g2 .I'm very disappointed at HTC and their updates. After they dropped ICS from the Desire HD that was it for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
You too? That's the thing that made me pissed at HTC. Even though I don't own the Desire HD. I know that that was bull.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

ACHILLES R32
Old
(Last edited by ACHILLES R32; 13th August 2012 at 08:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 82
Pretty much , I was planing to upgrade in November anyways and knew that my next phone had to be a nexus. I decided to jump ship early and $350 seemed like a reasonable price for the gnex. Most likely it will drop in price when the new nexus is released, but I'm sure the next nexus won't be going for $350 anytime soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus (Takju-Maguro)
Phone:Nexus 5 ROM:KitKat 4.4.2 Stock Rooted Recovery:TWRP 2.7.0.0 Radio:1.0.25.0.23 Bootloader:HHZ11k

Tablet:Nexus 7 ROM:CleanROM 2.6 Recovery:TWRP 2.7.0.0 Bootloader:FLO 04.02

Past Devices:Nexus 7 (2012) (SOLD) Nexus 4 (SOLD) Galaxy Nexus (SOLD) T-Mobile G2 (SOLD)

Jimlarck
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1233
1-2 more days. :P Can't wait :3

AnnS
Old
Thanks Meter 8
You'll love it. I got mine last week and is more than I expected. JellyBean is great and so fast! I only rooted it, I haven't flash custom ROMs. By the way, remember to unlock the bootloader before starting to personalize it, so you won't lose much.

Now there's three things I don't "love": lack of micro-SD card slot, 5mp camera, which isn't too bad and low speaker volume.

But nothing is perfect and I still love it, and I think I won't ever get any other device that is not a Nexus!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
Device: Xperia Pro MK16a
ROM: CarbonRom KitKat | GApps: BaNkS' GApps Minimal

Device: Galaxy Nexus GSM
ROM: VanirAOSP | Kernel: Mpokang SuperRAM 4.4 | GApps: PA's Modular-Mini

Jimlarck
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1233
I'm fine with no SD Card Slot. And the 5MP camera is pretty good.

The Low speaker doesn't matter since I use Headphones mostly. So other than that it seems like a dream come true.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2