Fully Bricked Galaxy Nexus! HELP!

OP IRusselldABear

27th April 2012, 02:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

20 posts
Okay so my friend bricked his galaxy nexus (Gave it to me because he said its bricked) of course i accepted it lol. But i tried to fix it i did everything i could from reading forums i swear i have worked forever looking for a fix. It is completely unresponsive no download mode. no ADB connection because when it plugs into a computer it shows up as OMAP 4440 or something like that. i have tried all kinds of different drivers and i have tried on multiple computers (Xp, Windows7, even a mac) he said he was flashing the sdcard or something and unplugged it by accident. So i could understand that being a issue since the phone only has a internal sd card. Anyone know how to get it back? i havent seen a Jtag yet for it and i have a Jig for my Galaxy Sii Skyrocket but it doesnt work on the nexus (FYI to anyone out there the jig works on my dads samsung windows phone) HELP!
27th April 2012, 02:15 PM   |  #2  
Port Salerno, FL & Rockville, CT
Thanks Meter: 4

34 posts
More
You tried different drivers? You should just use the most current ones for the phone. Did you try the new toolkit mskip posted? Did you isntall the SDK?
27th April 2012, 02:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhurts

You tried different drivers? You should just use the most current ones for the phone. Did you try the new toolkit mskip posted? Did you isntall the SDK?

Thanks for the response i didnt use mskips i dont think. i have tried the galaxy nexus toolkit 6.0 or whatever but i have tried all kinds of drivers including the google official galaxy nexus i515 or something like that. it shows up as omap 4440 in app manager and disconnects and connects constantly then says device didnt install properly. what do you mean by the sdk? i cant find any way to access my phone. i think i tried something with sdk but im not sure
27th April 2012, 02:28 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Yes i read up i did do that GNex Toolkit v6.0 and it wouldnt find my phone (Because of the omap 4440 disconnect and reconnect thing i believe.
27th April 2012, 02:35 PM   |  #5  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 462

2,379 posts
More
First off, on't use a toolkit.

Second, when you plug it in, go to device manager, right click the "OMAP 4460" and click install driver. Either install PDANet or find the driver online and your phone should be able to be used in fastboot.

Finally, if your (Or your friends) phone was "Fully Bricked" it wouldn't be recognized by the computer, it wouldn't turn on, it would literally not be able to do anything except sit there, the fact that the computer sees it means that it is "Soft Bricked" which is much less serious.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miketoasty For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2012, 04:59 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketoasty

First off, on't use a toolkit.

Second, when you plug it in, go to device manager, right click the "OMAP 4460" and click install driver. Either install PDANet or find the driver online and your phone should be able to be used in fastboot.

Finally, if your (Or your friends) phone was "Fully Bricked" it wouldn't be recognized by the computer, it wouldn't turn on, it would literally not be able to do anything except sit there, the fact that the computer sees it means that it is "Soft Bricked" which is much less serious.

i appreciate it but when i install the driver which one should i select? it is the Verizon LTE one and i have tried manually choosing the driver but there is so many. What one should i choose?
27th April 2012, 05:00 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
When i try to install pdanet it always uninstalls at the end automaticaly? why is that?
27th April 2012, 07:13 PM   |  #8  
Flag Monterey, CA
Thanks Meter: 30

219 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRusselldABear

When i try to install pdanet it always uninstalls at the end automaticaly? why is that?

I couldn't get PDAnet to work for me either. It asks you to enter Debugging mode and I can't get into android
27th April 2012, 07:23 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
I cant get into android neither thats the problem... it is unresponsive except for the fact that it says omap 4440 over and over. im gonna play with it more when i get home but im currently in school. LOL
27th April 2012, 09:38 PM   |  #10  
Flag Clermont
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Donate to Me
More
is it possible to volume+power into recovery mode?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread