Serious bricked Galaxy Nexus

OP mickrg123

27th December 2011, 06:00 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

145 posts
I tried unlocking bootloader and root using Superboot. I got into Google boot loop then went to download mode and tried to restore to factory using odin. Phone connected went all the way to end and failed. Now I can not get into recovery or download mode. I just have yellow triangle screen. I cant use adb because laptop does not recognize device. what am I missing. Is there another file to download and use with odin?
27th December 2011, 06:38 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

78 posts
So can you not get into the factory bootloader?
27th December 2011, 06:42 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

145 posts
No I can not. All I get is yellow triangle between a phone icon and computer icon. When this happened on droid I could always odin a recovery folder. But I when I try that method I keep getting a failed error message
27th December 2011, 06:53 PM   |  #4  
Flag Bloomfield Hills, MI
Thanks Meter: 3

51 posts
More
When I first rooted my PC was having trouble recognizing the phone as well. Make sure you have ALL of the drivers installed. The drivers for adb in recovery/boot are different that the drivers the GNex uses once boot into the OS.

Once it's plugged in, you have to actually go into Device Manager and find the "unrecognized device", then you select from a list of drivers. it will be called Android ADB or something along those lines.
The Following User Says Thank You to HybridByNature For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th December 2011, 06:56 PM   |  #5  
Flag Washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 4

30 posts
More
you should be using fastboot not adb
27th December 2011, 07:20 PM   |  #6  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 81

447 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickrg123

I tried unlocking bootloader and root using Superboot. I got into Google boot loop then went to download mode and tried to restore to factory using odin. Phone connected went all the way to end and failed. Now I can not get into recovery or download mode. I just have yellow triangle screen. I cant use adb because laptop does not recognize device. what am I missing. Is there another file to download and use with odin?

If you get a Yellow Triangle you are not bricked. Plugin phone and reload fastboot drivers. Try ODIN again or try to flash a custom recovery via fastboot.
27th December 2011, 07:27 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

145 posts
I say "bricked" when I can't do anything with phone. I can not get into fastboot from yellow triangle screen.
27th December 2011, 07:56 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 8

53 posts
Quote:

I say "bricked" when I can't do anything with phone. I can not get into fastboot from yellow triangle screen.

Fastboot IS the yellow triangle screen. If fastboot doesn't see any devices, you have a driver issue. Go into device manager and look for devices without proper drivers loaded (usually a yellow exclamation mark on the device)
27th December 2011, 08:19 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

145 posts
Ok thx, Fastboot does not see any devices in device manager. I do have a second GNex when I connect it to computer it is recognized. How do I get drivers from fastboot?
Samsuck
27th December 2011, 08:48 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:

Ok thx, Fastboot does not see any devices in device manager. I do have a second GNex when I connect it to computer it is recognized. How do I get drivers from fastboot?

I hope all goes well for you. Try installed PDANET on the working Nexus, and get the drivers from their PC software.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread