Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,311 Members 48,873 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Serious bricked Galaxy Nexus

Tip us?

mickrg123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Serious bricked Galaxy Nexus

I tried unlocking bootloader and root using Superboot. I got into Google boot loop then went to download mode and tried to restore to factory using odin. Phone connected went all the way to end and failed. Now I can not get into recovery or download mode. I just have yellow triangle screen. I cant use adb because laptop does not recognize device. what am I missing. Is there another file to download and use with odin?

MynticeLX
Old
Thanks Meter 11
So can you not get into the factory bootloader?

mickrg123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
No I can not. All I get is yellow triangle between a phone icon and computer icon. When this happened on droid I could always odin a recovery folder. But I when I try that method I keep getting a failed error message

HybridByNature
Old
Thanks Meter 3
When I first rooted my PC was having trouble recognizing the phone as well. Make sure you have ALL of the drivers installed. The drivers for adb in recovery/boot are different that the drivers the GNex uses once boot into the OS.

Once it's plugged in, you have to actually go into Device Manager and find the "unrecognized device", then you select from a list of drivers. it will be called Android ADB or something along those lines.
HTCOne
Galaxy Tab 10.1 : AOKP M4 (ICS)

Retired:
Galaxy Nexus : LiquidSmooth
Fascinate : CM7 Nightly #110
HTC Eris : GSB (Retired)
The Following User Says Thank You to HybridByNature For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bradgog
Old
Thanks Meter 4
you should be using fastboot not adb

GchildT
Old
Thanks Meter 81

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickrg123 View Post
I tried unlocking bootloader and root using Superboot. I got into Google boot loop then went to download mode and tried to restore to factory using odin. Phone connected went all the way to end and failed. Now I can not get into recovery or download mode. I just have yellow triangle screen. I cant use adb because laptop does not recognize device. what am I missing. Is there another file to download and use with odin?
If you get a Yellow Triangle you are not bricked. Plugin phone and reload fastboot drivers. Try ODIN again or try to flash a custom recovery via fastboot.
Nexus 7 (16GB)(FLO) / JB 4.3 / STOCK /

Nexus 4 (16GB) / JB 4.3 / Paranoid Android / TWRP/ M9615A
----------------------------------------------------
Circle me on Google+ : +GchildT

mickrg123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I say "bricked" when I can't do anything with phone. I can not get into fastboot from yellow triangle screen.

phazen18
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
I say "bricked" when I can't do anything with phone. I can not get into fastboot from yellow triangle screen.
Fastboot IS the yellow triangle screen. If fastboot doesn't see any devices, you have a driver issue. Go into device manager and look for devices without proper drivers loaded (usually a yellow exclamation mark on the device)

mickrg123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Ok thx, Fastboot does not see any devices in device manager. I do have a second GNex when I connect it to computer it is recognized. How do I get drivers from fastboot?
Samsuck Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Ok thx, Fastboot does not see any devices in device manager. I do have a second GNex when I connect it to computer it is recognized. How do I get drivers from fastboot?
I hope all goes well for you. Try installed PDANET on the working Nexus, and get the drivers from their PC software.