ByPass Google,Youtube blockage in Pakistan

Search This thread

hassi4042

Mar 18, 2012
Sialkot
:victory:

Finally after researching and searching for 2 days I came to the Solution to go around Pakistan's restriction on Youtube, Wikileaks and Google Play store.

As you know that YouTube is owned by Google. Yoiube IP is same as most of the Google's ip's.

PTA have blocked the IP so many Google services had stop.
to resolve this issue i must have to look into the internet to have some idea on how to bypass such filters. so i came to this SOLUTION for PAKISTAN ANDROID USERS.
Note: this Solution and app is only for rooted users. if you don't know to root then please refer to rooting first

Solution:
Tor is type of Proxy service called VPN(Virtual Private Network)
you can download the app from there website.

https://www.torproject.org

direct download: https://www.torproject.org/dist/android/0.2.3.10-alpha-orbot-1.0.7-FINAL.apk

i will guide you to make it happen :)

1.download and install the orbit.
2.Open Orbit.

3.tap next

4. hit request super user access

5.select all apps through tor and tap next.

6.tap Close.

7.now you will be directed to this screen. Now hit menu button and go to Settings
Menu>settings

8.scroll to the end and tick "use default iptables"

9.Now long press the button to turn it on.

at the point Orbit will configure all your settings automatically.

and a notification will appear in notification bar as "transparent proxying ENABLED" and "Connected to Tor Network"

10. now it's time to check your Configurations and VPN service
hit menu button in orbit app and tap "check"

You will see this window on your browser which is the proof that you are connected through Tor's VPN

that's All :victory:

hit thanks if i deserve it :p

beekay201

Nov 8, 2010
useful, thanks.
even though i have no need for it right now, might come in handy in the future.

:)

aeoveu

Nov 8, 2010
Tusi hooo he great... GOOD JOB BRO :)
Let's stick to English, shall we? :)

There's another app that sort of acts like a proxy between you and the web: Onavo Extend. It creates a VPN - and all network communication gets rerouted through there.

But this is interesting as well... if this works on Wifi as well, then great! Onavo doesn't - it only works on data (and we know EDGE in Pakistan isn't exactly worthwhile for watching videos...)

Edit: turns out Orbot is available in the Market. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.torproject.android&hl=en

Last edited:

Guiding.God

Apr 21, 2012
guidinggod.blogspot.com

There's another app that sort of acts like a proxy between you and the web: Onavo Extend. It creates a VPN - and all network communication gets rerouted through there.

But this is interesting as well... if this works on Wifi as well, then great! Onavo doesn't - it only works on data (and we know EDGE in Pakistan isn't exactly worthwhile for watching videos...)

Edit: turns out Orbot is available in the Market. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.torproject.android&hl=en

Thanks for the heads up and yea EDGE is a nightmare especially when you have emails with substantial work related attachments you need to download lol Thank goodness wifi seems to be everywhere now - offices, cafe's, restaurants and whatnot

hassi4042

Mar 18, 2012
Sialkot

Thanks for the heads up and yea EDGE is a nightmare especially when you have emails with substantial work related attachments you need to download lol Thank goodness wifi seems to be everywhere now - offices, cafe's, restaurants and whatnot

confirmed working on Wifi.

I have something like this on my PC that lets me watch the BBC iPlayer from foreign parts ;) Don't really understand how it works though, just know that it spoofs a central london location to the BBC website through a VPN....

Anyway, do we have a location for this VPN on Android? Basically would I be able to watch english or american TV on my phone?

skillberry

Sep 25, 2012
please help

Finally after researching and searching for 2 days I came to the Solution to go around Pakistan's restriction on Youtube, Wikileaks and Google Play store.

As you know that YouTube is owned by Google. Yoiube IP is same as most of the Google's ip's.

to resolve this issue i must have to look into the internet to have some idea on how to bypass such filters. so i came to this SOLUTION for PAKISTAN ANDROID USERS.
Note: this Solution and app is only for rooted users. if you don't know to root then please refer to rooting first

Solution:

2.Open Orbit.

3.tap next

6.tap Close.

7.now you will be directed to this screen. Now hit menu button and go to Settings
Menu>settings

and a notification will appear in notification bar as "transparent proxying ENABLED" and "Connected to Tor Network"

You will see this window on your browser which is the proof that you are connected through Tor's VPN

i have done right till step 10,when i m going to check,website says''sorry you are not using tor''
where as tor icon is green in my notification bar,i am unable to open google play store:(

EM|NEM

Dec 24, 2011
Tampere
I get that when i try to download anything from play store. I was able to update dolphin browser but after that i get that error on any other app.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m

assassinoid

Sep 10, 2012
Lahore
Info

Dear Friends,

if you are having problem with select all option then close and open Orbot again or else try this method which i use.

i was also having problem for Play Store. but in browser youtube was working fine. so i just go to

Menu -> Setting -> and uncheck Select All Apps . and just Select

1. Browser
2. Play Store
3. Talk

and after that everything is working fine for me.

You should also check this and have fun.

Regards,

Assassinoid

hassi4042

Mar 18, 2012
Sialkot
To all having Problems in setup:

1.first check if you are rooted or not.
2.Check All apps through Tor Option. (compulsory)
3.Grant/Access The orbot when Superuser notification appear. (compulsory)
4.tick "default iptables" in settings menu.
5.Connect and check if you are connected through Tar.
6.If not, restart and double check these steps.

to those who are having Playstore, Gtalk Issues, kindly go to Manage apps and clear the data of playstore, or which ever application is facing the issue.

moeedbhatti

Mar 23, 2011
cannot connect.

I am unable to connect to orbot. The light on the power button never turns green but stays yellows and it says "Orbot is starting".
I am living in a hostel at NUST and the wifi is through a proxy which I have to put in the browser (on computer) to access internet.
Please help me. I haven't been able to sync my gmail app for a week now plus play store doesn't work :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Solution:

https://www.torproject.org

direct download: https://www.torproject.org/dist/android/0.2.3.10-alpha-orbot-1.0.7-FINAL.apk

2.Open Orbit.

3.tap next

6.tap Close.

Menu>settings

After so many searching around the web , i dint expect that the awesome pakistanies are on xda too ! Feels great man! and yes suffering from this ,google play store, google drive..blockage too which i use most :(, using Wateen wimax, well about this TOR , VPN ! Will the google play app work too ? and get synchronised like it use to, or it will just open in the browser or so ?

By using this all the things will work as normal. You can get update notifications and all. On a side note, Play Store is working now for me since evening.