Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,957 Members 38,608 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Camera stopped with cm update

Tip us?

dopamin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Camera stopped with cm update

Hi,

last week i updated my cyanogenmmod to 20140526 and had some bigger Problems with the Dialer. I was not able to call someone. Every time the idcallerui crashed.

Because of this i tried some different roms like Paranodid or older cm roms. Now i dont have this Problem with the dialer but now my camera doesnt work any more. If i try to open the camera it stopps. Before i installed a new rom i always did a full wipe in the recovery mode.

I tried different gapps from paranoid, cm, mini or stock but nothng fixes my camera.

I dont want to send it back to samsung to get this fixed because i have to wait to long for my phone.

What did i do wrong? False Gapps for galaxy nexus?

What combination of rom and gapps can u recommend?

dopamin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i now have flashed my device back to complete stock rom. But the problem still exists. when i try to open the camera app it stoppes.

i tried a app called facecam and there i get the error :"Failed to connect to camera service"

Should i send it to Samsung? I still have 3 Weeks Waranty

how can i see if it is definitly stock and samsung cant see that i had root and a diferent rom?

DR3W5K1
Old
Thanks Meter 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopamin View Post
i now have flashed my device back to complete stock rom. But the problem still exists. when i try to open the camera app it stoppes.

i tried a app called facecam and there i get the error :"Failed to connect to camera service"

Should i send it to Samsung? I still have 3 Weeks Waranty

how can i see if it is definitly stock and samsung cant see that i had root and a diferent rom?
2 things!

1* You front facing camera needs to be replaced

2* Send it to Samsung like it is they do not care if the phone is locked, rooted, or a custom rom.
Trust me I've done it myself!