Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

[Q]SOLVED charging issue ik its been covered alot but.!!

22nd August 2014, 05:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag rantoul
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello all I am new to this site and have some major problems with my nexus. it started with my nexus dying and would not charge with the charger that came with it so I was using a blackberry charger to charge it which seemed to remedy the issue for some time until about a week ago my phone was almost dead so I plugged in the charger and nothing. turned it off plugged in the charger and it seemed to work that way but still would not charge when turned on and plugged in. so after some research on google I found that crud and fluff from my pocket was making the charger not have a good connection. so I cleaned out the carpet of fluff in the usb port and still nothing, Upon closer examination I found the "tongue" of the usb port was split in half so I ordered a new dock on amazon and replaced it. Before the dock came in the screen would act like it was locked but as soon as I hit the back button it would unlock automatically it will also charge when there isn't a charger anywhere near it. So now I have replaced the charging dock with an oem new one and it will charge but only when turned off. It still ghost charges and the screen still goes wacko but I still cannot get it to charge when on. it doesn't even recognize the charger and also my computer does not recognize that it is plugged in either. I have searched this sight and have not found anyone having quite the same issue as me?

Sorry for the long winded thread but I have spent many a hour on google to no avail can someone please shed some light on this for me
thank you richygnex. p.s. the screen will unlock itself when it feels like it but looks like its locked until you hit the back button.

hoping the xda crew will help me with a solution
Last edited by richygnex; 25th August 2014 at 04:26 PM.
25th August 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 25

493 posts
Sounds like some weird stuff...similar to what I had.

I'd start with flashing factory image, replacing USB daughter card and/or battery.

I did all that and it worked for a while...and then PC Won't recognize.

Does your PC recognize the nexus?
25th August 2014, 06:10 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag rantoul

4 posts
Donate to Me
More
solved!!!!!!
PC did not recognize phone however my problems were solved by a replacement USB ribbon port and recalibrate the battery
Last edited by richygnex; 25th August 2014 at 06:15 AM. Reason: add title
25th August 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #4  

6 posts
Wasnt there an issue w/ the connector where the pins needed to be lifted?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk
26th August 2014, 05:22 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag rantoul

4 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bezerker75

Yes unfortunately that was not the issue for me even after replacing the usb ribbon port. It would not work properly until I did a battery recalibration then all was well and good my laptop even recognizes the phone. The "phantom charging" issue has gone away and all other strange glitch problems have disappeared. 3 days without a single problem. I believe the battery needing to be recalibrated was due to the fact I had to strip a usb cable and jump my battery like a car positive and negative were crossed unknowingly a few times while it was charging and got fairly hot so I believe that was one of the biggest if not the main factor that played a role in all the problems I was experiencing.
26th August 2014, 05:26 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag rantoul

4 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bezerker75

this method is actually the reason I ended up taking the phone apart and replacing the ribbon port myself. tried lifting the pins and it just cracked in half. not sure if it was already broken or if I did it but it was screwed
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread