Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,025 Members 52,287 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cheapest place to get Galaxy Nexus for someone in US?

Tip us?

andythefan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Thumbs up [Q] Cheapest place to get Galaxy Nexus for someone in US?

For someone in the United States trying to get the HSPA version of the Galaxy Nexus, where would be it be the cheapest to buy from (after tax, shipping, VAT, etc)?

I've been trying to get my hands on the GNexus, but paying 750+ USD just doesn't seem worth it (even if it won't come out in the US for a month or two if at all). Can we compile a list to compare the prices of all the retailers (online preferably) that are selling the phone?

KiNG OMaR
Old
Thanks Meter 398

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by andythefan View Post
For someone in the United States trying to get the HSPA version of the Galaxy Nexus, where would be it be the cheapest to buy from (after tax, shipping, VAT, etc)?

I've been trying to get my hands on the GNexus, but paying 750+ USD just doesn't seem worth it (even if it won't come out in the US for a month or two if at all). Can we compile a list to compare the prices of all the retailers (online preferably) that are selling the phone?
~$690 shipped from Handtec
[PHoNE] Nexus 5
[TaBLET] 2013 Nexus 7
The Following User Says Thank You to KiNG OMaR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rashad1
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Handtec, get your order in ASAP they should be getting new stock today.

andythefan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNG OMaR View Post
~$690 shipped from Handtec
That's still a bit pricey... about one hundred more than what I am willing to pay (I got both the Nexus One and Nexus S for <$600). Is that the cheapest price anywhere?

Does it come with a warranty or insurance?

rashad1
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
That's still a bit pricey... about one hundred more than what I am willing to pay (I got both the Nexus One and Nexus S for <$600). Is that the cheapest price anywhere?

This costs more than the Nexus One or Nexus S. You won't find it for cheaper for a while.

martonikaj
Old
Thanks Meter 1714
Quote:

Unless they start selling them in the US directly at retailers, you won't find one for under $600 any time soon. Right now Handtec is the cheapest at just under $700 as others have said. When calculating your price keep in mind that some credit card companies charge a foreign transaction fee of around 2%-3%.
Quit signing contracts, stop overpaying for service, GO PREPAID!
Follow me on Twitter / Google+
Don't have Dropbox yet? Sign up from this link, and we both get more storage!
The Following User Says Thank You to martonikaj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andythefan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by martonikaj View Post
Unless they start selling them in the US directly at retailers, you won't find one for under $600 any time soon. Right now Handtec is the cheapest at just under $700 as others have said. When calculating your price keep in mind that some credit card companies charge a foreign transaction fee of around 2%-3%.

That's it! I'm sleeping under a rock! Someone wake me up when the Galaxy Nexus is under $600! I have nothing else to live for! :'(

thiagodark
Old
(Last edited by thiagodark; 28th November 2011 at 12:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 51
ok, got it... 450 is a pretty reasonable price to me, since i'm gonna be in the usa next week i'm thinking to buy it, so i'm wondering if i'll need to pay any import duty...
>fastboot flash comment xdathread.img
>adb push engrish /system/brain/

samsung galaxy nexus
rom: stock
kernel: stock

pukemon
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Youre also paying the premium of it being imported and the satisfaction of having it early. Its not a high rollers club thing. Its just reality at the moment. The more my atrix rebooted the more i want to throw this phone out the window even though its a nice and capable phone. My nexus hopefully will be here by friday. Oh yes it will be mine.

Sent from my samsung gt i9250 which is in the wrong country.
how can you start if you forget to begin?

Dark lord me
Old
Thanks Meter 54
They come out in Canada on the 8th so there should be more of them out there so the price should (theoretically) go down
iPhone 3G -> iPhone 4 -> Galaxy Neuxs -> Nexus 4

Asus Transformer -> iPad 3rd Gen <-> Nexus 7

Teendroid.com

Tags
cheap, cheapest, galaxy, nexus, price