Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Cheapest place to get Galaxy Nexus for someone in US?

OP andythefan

28th November 2011, 07:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 8

227 posts
More
For someone in the United States trying to get the HSPA version of the Galaxy Nexus, where would be it be the cheapest to buy from (after tax, shipping, VAT, etc)?

I've been trying to get my hands on the GNexus, but paying 750+ USD just doesn't seem worth it (even if it won't come out in the US for a month or two if at all). Can we compile a list to compare the prices of all the retailers (online preferably) that are selling the phone?
28th November 2011, 07:12 AM   |  #2  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 408

1,657 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andythefan

For someone in the United States trying to get the HSPA version of the Galaxy Nexus, where would be it be the cheapest to buy from (after tax, shipping, VAT, etc)?

I've been trying to get my hands on the GNexus, but paying 750+ USD just doesn't seem worth it (even if it won't come out in the US for a month or two if at all). Can we compile a list to compare the prices of all the retailers (online preferably) that are selling the phone?

~$690 shipped from Handtec
The Following User Says Thank You to KiNG OMaR For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th November 2011, 07:17 AM   |  #3  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 74

762 posts
More
Handtec, get your order in ASAP they should be getting new stock today.
28th November 2011, 07:32 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston

227 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNG OMaR

~$690 shipped from Handtec

That's still a bit pricey... about one hundred more than what I am willing to pay (I got both the Nexus One and Nexus S for <$600). Is that the cheapest price anywhere?

Does it come with a warranty or insurance?
28th November 2011, 07:44 AM   |  #5  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 74

762 posts
More
Quote:

That's still a bit pricey... about one hundred more than what I am willing to pay (I got both the Nexus One and Nexus S for <$600). Is that the cheapest price anywhere?

This costs more than the Nexus One or Nexus S. You won't find it for cheaper for a while.
28th November 2011, 08:03 AM   |  #6  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 1,715

7,850 posts
More
Quote:

Unless they start selling them in the US directly at retailers, you won't find one for under $600 any time soon. Right now Handtec is the cheapest at just under $700 as others have said. When calculating your price keep in mind that some credit card companies charge a foreign transaction fee of around 2%-3%.
The Following User Says Thank You to martonikaj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th November 2011, 11:08 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston

227 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martonikaj

Unless they start selling them in the US directly at retailers, you won't find one for under $600 any time soon. Right now Handtec is the cheapest at just under $700 as others have said. When calculating your price keep in mind that some credit card companies charge a foreign transaction fee of around 2%-3%.

That's it! I'm sleeping under a rock! Someone wake me up when the Galaxy Nexus is under $600! I have nothing else to live for! :'(
28th November 2011, 01:01 PM   |  #8  
Flag Old City-ES
Thanks Meter: 51

568 posts
More
ok, got it... 450 is a pretty reasonable price to me, since i'm gonna be in the usa next week i'm thinking to buy it, so i'm wondering if i'll need to pay any import duty...
Last edited by thiagodark; 28th November 2011 at 01:07 PM.
28th November 2011, 02:16 PM   |  #9  
Richmond, TX
Thanks Meter: 159

1,873 posts
Youre also paying the premium of it being imported and the satisfaction of having it early. Its not a high rollers club thing. Its just reality at the moment. The more my atrix rebooted the more i want to throw this phone out the window even though its a nice and capable phone. My nexus hopefully will be here by friday. Oh yes it will be mine.

Sent from my samsung gt i9250 which is in the wrong country.
28th November 2011, 04:31 PM   |  #10  
Flag Surrey
Thanks Meter: 54

555 posts
More
They come out in Canada on the 8th so there should be more of them out there so the price should (theoretically) go down

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cheap, cheapest, galaxy, nexus, price
Previous Thread Next Thread