hi,everyone.
i've just tried to install cm11 in my galaxy nexus and it cannot boot on now
its installation is fail because status 7 in the cwm recovery
i still cant boot on my phone
can anyone help me

TheMan0790
Old
Thanks Meter 307
What version of CWM Recovery are you on? An update of the recovery to a newer build might help.

Break me off a piece of that Kit-Kat ROM!

dwoods1983
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Cool Re: CM11 installation problems

What version of Android are you coming from? Anytime you are switching to a different ROM, especially from a JellyBean (4.3 or other) to a KitKat 4.4 ROM, you must do a clean wipe of your phone prior to installation. It sounds like you tried to do a dirty flash. Boot into recovery, and format data, cache, and dalvik cache, then try flashing the CM11 and Gapps.

If that doesn't work...try this thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2302599

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonykunyin View Post
hi,everyone.
i've just tried to install cm11 in my galaxy nexus and it cannot boot on now
its installation is fail because status 7 in the cwm recovery
i still cant boot on my phone
can anyone help me

tonykunyin
Old
(Last edited by tonykunyin; 9th December 2013 at 09:56 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoods1983 View Post
What version of Android are you coming from? Anytime you are switching to a different ROM, especially from a JellyBean (4.3 or other) to a KitKat 4.4 ROM, you must do a clean wipe of your phone prior to installation. It sounds like you tried to do a dirty flash. Boot into recovery, and format data, cache, and dalvik cache, then try flashing the CM11 and Gapps.

If that doesn't work...try this thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2302599
i am coming from the stock android 4.3 rom. I've tried wipe the data,wipe cache and dalvik cache.However,it just keeps saying installation error in the cwm touch recovery because of the status 7.

That method doesnt work for me. i still even cannot boot on my phone.how can i send it in again

dwoods1983
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Cool Re: CM11 installation problems

OK, first you need to manually boot into your recovery by holding the volume up and down buttons at the same time and then pressing the power button. You should get into your bootloader and then be able choose recovery. I assume you have a backup...so just flash back to your stock android 4.3. Then once you are able to get back into your phone see if you can update your cwm. If updating you cwm turns out not to be the issue then go watch a YouTube video on how to fix the status 7 error. It basically involves copying the zip file you are trying to flash over to your computer and editing one of the files. Goodluck...let me know if this works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonykunyin View Post
i am coming from the stock android 4.3 rom. I've tried wipe the data,wipe cache and dalvik cache.However,it just keeps saying installation error in the cwm touch recovery because of the status 7.

That method doesnt work for me. i still even cannot boot on my phone.how can i send it in again

joesalve
Old
Thanks Meter 8
check your baseband..you should be in the latest radio..mine is XXLH1..other rom required latest baseband..

kaijura
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1813
Pretty sure it sounds like he is on an outdated version of cwm, status 7 errors can be signs of old recovery version. Fastboot flash the latest cwm.
Code:
Mako E960 4.4.2 KOT49H - OmniROM Official - Maguro SC-04D 4.3 JLS36G - OmniROM Unofficial - Maguro i9250M 4.4.2 KOT49H - OmniROM Homemade - Razor 4.4.2 KOT49H - OmniROM Official - Grouper 4.4.2 KOT49H - OmniROM Official