[Q] CM11 Maguro - APN Issue

Tip us?

morpheux74
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] CM11 Maguro - APN Issue

Hi guys !

After installing the cm11 (v. 20131209 -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2525351) I ran into two problems, that it seems I'm the only one here to have.

1) My APNs are empty. I can't manually add any, and it is impossible to import the old via "VPN Backup & Restore". Both solutions don't give me any error message, but just nothing is created. So I can not access the network at all.

2) Problem much smaller, but still weird: All my sms and phone contacts are deleted, despite I restored /data. It is impossible to recover it even by manually copying mmssms.db or contacts2.db from my old system (4.3), or by using "SMS Backup & Restore". Still no error message, but nothing.

I note that I have wiped cache and system and I installed gapps. Permissions of each .db are good, I also tried to fix permissions.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Maguro; GSM/HSPA+) - GT-I9250
Recovery: twrp-2.6.3.2-maguro

Is it a cm11 bug ?

Thanks for your help.

Olivier

d3xp2pc
Old
Thanks Meter 221

DONATE TO ME
I'm using official cm so haven't experienced this issue. It seems like something has gone wrong during the flash.

I would suggest wiping, system, data, cache and dalvik.

Also what gapps did you use? You could try flashing pa 0 day gapps, log out then back into Google and see if your contacts are restored.

If you still have problems you might want to consider changing to official CM.

-----------------------------------------------------
Sign up for COPY with this link, and we'll both get 5 GB of free cloud storage in addition to the usual 15 GB: https://copy.com?r=m3arsR

Free GiffGaff SIM with 5 credit: http://redir.info.giffgaff.com/r/?id...39c&p1=d3xp2pc

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

morpheux74
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hey d3xp2pc, thanks for your answer,

There is no official stable cm11 for GN yet. I'll give the last nightly a try, to see if I still have the same problem.
I tried wiping everything, and flashed many times to try differents things, but still.

About gapps, sorry I just realized I wasn't clear in my previous post. My google contacts are correctly restored after sync, but some of my contacts are just stored in phone, and I couldn't get them back (it's like 4.3 and 4.4 contacts2.db and mmssms.db databases are not compatibles).
I haven't tried 0 day pa gapps, I used gapps-kk-20131208. I'll try the official one, but I don't think it will fix any of my problems (apn and sms), does it ?

morpheux74
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Actually, I have the exact same problem with the cm-11 nightlies (and pa_gapps-full-4.4-20131126-signed).
I still can't get to the network because APNs are empty, and I can't restore the old ones as well as create new ones.
Same problems for sms as well.
What's wrong? I am the only one? Everything works well with the stock 4.3.
Thanks

mattwarr
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheux74 View Post
Actually, I have the exact same problem with the cm-11 nightlies (and pa_gapps-full-4.4-20131126-signed).
I still can't get to the network because APNs are empty, and I can't restore the old ones as well as create new ones.
Same problems for sms as well.
What's wrong? I am the only one? Everything works well with the stock 4.3.
Thanks
In CM 11 I am not even able to access the APN menu. The option is darkened and can't be clicked. It's as if I am being refused access to modify my APNs, when they clearly are in need of modification. I seriously doubt these issues are user related. I had the same issue with SlimKat.