Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 42,484 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

For those who complain about battery on gnex

Tip us?

hEaTLoE
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowtorch View Post
Needs more sideboob.

blockbusta
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by EP2008 View Post
that's typical standby drain, but how many hours of ON SCREEN time are you getting? 6 or 7 hours like an iPhone or 3h like the rest of us?
i got once 9 hours :P.....but i was reading kindle ebooks with inverted pages (white text, black background)
so batterylife is not that bad
GALAXY S--> GALAXY NEXUS --> GALAXY S3 --> ONE X --> MOTO G

EP2008
Old
Thanks Meter 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by blockbusta View Post
i got once 9 hours :P.....but i was reading kindle ebooks with inverted pages (white text, black background)
so batterylife is not that bad
But that's not "typical use". When apple rates their battery life, it's using perimeters which would be similar to what the average consumer does with their device. Web browsing, listening to music, etc. Our Galaxy Nexus phones don't even compare with the Iphone when it comes to doing things other than reading an inverted ebook. LOL.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 w/ KK 4.4.2 (stock rom)
Apple iPad 4th gen w/ iOS 7
HP Touchpad w/ WebOS and CM9 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
MSI 110W Windows 8 tablet

adrynalyne
Old
(Last edited by adrynalyne; 13th April 2012 at 08:28 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5,671
We are all tickled that Apple has certain procedures for testing their batteries and their TINY little screen can go for 6-7 hours. My life is complete knowing this...on an Android forum.

How does Apple judge normal use I wonder? My aunt uses her iphone then puts it away. She certainly doesn't use it for 6-7 hours straight. I guess those people are wealthy and bored, or unemployed.

See, this is what normal people do. They don't count their screen time in hours and minutes. They use their phone, charge it, use their phone, charge it. I haven't had above a 35% charge in three days because I toss it on a charger until I need it and leave. Just like I don't top off my gas tank, I also don't do the same with my phone. I don't know anyone who uses their phone and refuses to charge it until its dead. They charge it when they go to bed, or they do not need it. They see it needs some topping off, they toss it on a car charger, etc. If a phone makes it until you go to bed...who cares if the screen stays on for 2 hours, or 20? If you have a need for 4 hours of screen time a day...consider a hobby. Or a job.

If you like what I do, buy me a brew!

msedek
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 645
Wonder why I get an error from upload a screenshot... With xda premium app

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

ray3andrei
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1334350729683.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	1001765
That's the best I can get, non stop music, not a whole lot of browsing... just music.. and messing around with the phone

Sent from my Samsung GNexus <3

ChongoDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 2,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrynalyne View Post
We are all tickled that Apple has certain procedures for testing their batteries and their TINY little screen can go for 6-7 hours. My life is complete knowing this...on an Android forum.

How does Apple judge normal use I wonder? My aunt uses her iphone then puts it away. She certainly doesn't use it for 6-7 hours straight. I guess those people are wealthy and bored, or unemployed.

See, this is what normal people do. They don't count their screen time in hours and minutes. They use their phone, charge it, use their phone, charge it. I haven't had above a 35% charge in three days because I toss it on a charger until I need it and leave. Just like I don't top off my gas tank, I also don't do the same with my phone. I don't know anyone who uses their phone and refuses to charge it until its dead. They charge it when they go to bed, or they do not need it. They see it needs some topping off, they toss it on a car charger, etc. If a phone makes it until you go to bed...who cares if the screen stays on for 2 hours, or 20? If you have a need for 4 hours of screen time a day...consider a hobby. Or a job.

I approve this comment sir

Sent from my francoPhone

XDA's D4RK KN1GHT

I'm Not Wearing Hockey Pads

SlothRoms
Android Techy
"Chongo for forum President- Because he's the hero xda deserves, but not the one it needs right now." - _MetalHead_

EP2008
Old
Thanks Meter 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrynalyne View Post

Bravo. You use your smartphone as a "phone" and have access to outlets all day long. Congratulations. You aren't like some of us.

If you worked as a sales person or had any kind of important job that keeps you moving, you'll have to use your smartphone for more than just calls and a desk clock.

Text messages, company emails, PDF's, office documents, remote desktop, the camera, file management apps, cloud storage apps, the calendar app, the contacts app, the damn weather app! They all need to be used with the screen ON.

Show a little understanding for the rest of the 6,999,999,999 other people on this planet. If someone says they need more than 2 hours on screen time, they probably do. We are all so glad you don't have to worry about this problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 w/ KK 4.4.2 (stock rom)
Apple iPad 4th gen w/ iOS 7
HP Touchpad w/ WebOS and CM9 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
MSI 110W Windows 8 tablet

@rbiter
Old
Thanks Meter 959
Important? Are you one of those peeps that don't know what to do when an elevator or escalator is broken? And get more dumbfounded when you get told where the stairs are? But who am I kidding. I am nobody. Gotta love first world problems.

zippity doo da.