Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

For those who complain about battery on gnex

OP msedek

13th April 2012, 05:21 PM   |  #11  
Flag MA
Thanks Meter: 44

177 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowtorch

Needs more sideboob.
13th April 2012, 07:03 PM   |  #12  
Osnabrück (Lower Saxony)
Thanks Meter: 110

448 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EP2008

that's typical standby drain, but how many hours of ON SCREEN time are you getting? 6 or 7 hours like an iPhone or 3h like the rest of us?

i got once 9 hours :P.....but i was reading kindle ebooks with inverted pages (white text, black background)
so batterylife is not that bad
13th April 2012, 09:16 PM   |  #13  
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Thanks Meter: 354

2,267 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blockbusta

i got once 9 hours :P.....but i was reading kindle ebooks with inverted pages (white text, black background)
so batterylife is not that bad

But that's not "typical use". When apple rates their battery life, it's using perimeters which would be similar to what the average consumer does with their device. Web browsing, listening to music, etc. Our Galaxy Nexus phones don't even compare with the Iphone when it comes to doing things other than reading an inverted ebook. LOL.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
13th April 2012, 09:18 PM   |  #14  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,772

9,787 posts
We are all tickled that Apple has certain procedures for testing their batteries and their TINY little screen can go for 6-7 hours. My life is complete knowing this...on an Android forum.

How does Apple judge normal use I wonder? My aunt uses her iphone then puts it away. She certainly doesn't use it for 6-7 hours straight. I guess those people are wealthy and bored, or unemployed.

See, this is what normal people do. They don't count their screen time in hours and minutes. They use their phone, charge it, use their phone, charge it. I haven't had above a 35% charge in three days because I toss it on a charger until I need it and leave. Just like I don't top off my gas tank, I also don't do the same with my phone. I don't know anyone who uses their phone and refuses to charge it until its dead. They charge it when they go to bed, or they do not need it. They see it needs some topping off, they toss it on a car charger, etc. If a phone makes it until you go to bed...who cares if the screen stays on for 2 hours, or 20? If you have a need for 4 hours of screen time a day...consider a hobby. Or a job.

Last edited by adrynalyne; 13th April 2012 at 09:28 PM.
13th April 2012, 09:39 PM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Punto Fijo
Thanks Meter: 647

2,048 posts
More
Wonder why I get an error from upload a screenshot... With xda premium app

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
13th April 2012, 11:00 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 35

470 posts
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1334350729683.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	1001765
That's the best I can get, non stop music, not a whole lot of browsing... just music.. and messing around with the phone

Sent from my Samsung GNexus <3
13th April 2012, 11:01 PM   |  #17  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 2,447

5,064 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrynalyne

We are all tickled that Apple has certain procedures for testing their batteries and their TINY little screen can go for 6-7 hours. My life is complete knowing this...on an Android forum.

How does Apple judge normal use I wonder? My aunt uses her iphone then puts it away. She certainly doesn't use it for 6-7 hours straight. I guess those people are wealthy and bored, or unemployed.

See, this is what normal people do. They don't count their screen time in hours and minutes. They use their phone, charge it, use their phone, charge it. I haven't had above a 35% charge in three days because I toss it on a charger until I need it and leave. Just like I don't top off my gas tank, I also don't do the same with my phone. I don't know anyone who uses their phone and refuses to charge it until its dead. They charge it when they go to bed, or they do not need it. They see it needs some topping off, they toss it on a car charger, etc. If a phone makes it until you go to bed...who cares if the screen stays on for 2 hours, or 20? If you have a need for 4 hours of screen time a day...consider a hobby. Or a job.

I approve this comment sir

Sent from my francoPhone
14th April 2012, 03:35 AM   |  #18  
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Thanks Meter: 354

2,267 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrynalyne

Bravo. You use your smartphone as a "phone" and have access to outlets all day long. Congratulations. You aren't like some of us.

If you worked as a sales person or had any kind of important job that keeps you moving, you'll have to use your smartphone for more than just calls and a desk clock.

Text messages, company emails, PDF's, office documents, remote desktop, the camera, file management apps, cloud storage apps, the calendar app, the contacts app, the damn weather app! They all need to be used with the screen ON.

Show a little understanding for the rest of the 6,999,999,999 other people on this planet. If someone says they need more than 2 hours on screen time, they probably do. We are all so glad you don't have to worry about this problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
14th April 2012, 03:44 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 965

4,134 posts
Important? Are you one of those peeps that don't know what to do when an elevator or escalator is broken? And get more dumbfounded when you get told where the stairs are? But who am I kidding. I am nobody. Gotta love first world problems.

zippity doo da.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread