Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,145 Members 42,220 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Computer doesn't recognize phone

Tip us?

allcity187
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Computer doesn't recognize phone

When I plug my phone pc gives me error that it doesn't recognize the USB device. I tried to adb to phone, still no luck. I was on cm11, reinstall rom. I uninstall driver from device manager, and adb drivers. Still can't connect. I was reading on the Internet maybe the device is bad. I had my nexus for 2 years and I never had this problem. Adb and my computer would always recognize my device. The thing that sucks my Verizon contract expired so I cancel my service. I was going to program my phone for page plus, but I can't because my computer won't recognize my phone. I had to activate my Samsung fascinate with page plus, but it sucks cuz I really wanted my nexus, can anyone help?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

ThePhantom97
Old
Thanks Meter 110

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by allcity187 View Post
When I plug my phone pc gives me error that it doesn't recognize the USB device. I tried to adb to phone, still no luck. I was on cm11, reinstall rom. I uninstall driver from device manager, and adb drivers. Still can't connect. I was reading on the Internet maybe the device is bad. I had my nexus for 2 years and I never had this problem. Adb and my computer would always recognize my device. The thing that sucks my Verizon contract expired so I cancel my service. I was going to program my phone for page plus, but I can't because my computer won't recognize my phone. I had to activate my Samsung fascinate with page plus, but it sucks cuz I really wanted my nexus, can anyone help?

Could be a few things, but I would try a different USB port on your PC, then I would try a different USB cord, and then try a different PC. If none of those get you a different result then could be the USB/charging port on your device, even though it may charge, it may still have trouble transferring data. I have seen on here where others have changed the port on their device and say it is fairly easy, I have not had to do so yet so I can't say from experience. If you are sure that you have the latest Samsung drivers installed on your PC then I doubt it is software related (not positive). Not sure if I am any help, just throwing out some suggestions. Maybe someone else can add some more definitive answers for you.

allcity187
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantom97 View Post
Could be a few things, but I would try a different USB port on your PC, then I would try a different USB cord, and then try a different PC. If none of those get you a different result then could be the USB/charging port on your device, even though it may charge, it may still have trouble transferring data. I have seen on here where others have changed the port on their device and say it is fairly easy, I have not had to do so yet so I can't say from experience. If you are sure that you have the latest Samsung drivers installed on your PC then I doubt it is software related (not positive). Not sure if I am any help, just throwing out some suggestions. Maybe someone else can add some more definitive answers for you.
I try different USB ports and a different computer, still the same error. I'm like stuck.

redprotoman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Try this Universal Naked Driver

wlad0
Old
Thanks Meter 1
If you can work with device over ADB but system doesn't recognize phone, you must have bad drivers or OS. Try linux. I

allcity187
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Well I got my phone to work. I was reading how someone use a toothpick to lift up the tongue inside the USB port. So I use a tiny flathead messed with it for like a hour, kept plugging it to my pc until it connected. Once it did I push all the files I needed with adb to get it ready to get it ready to be program for page plus. Now I got my nexus on page plus, just activated it today, service is pretty good , they only that sucks is their is no 4G, but it feels good to only pay $50 for unlimited voice, text and 2.5 gb of data.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk