Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 47,651 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Considering getting rid of Quad Core One X for Nexus

Tip us?

‹BERô
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 8926

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrarrow View Post
Yeh its just to see if its capable - I'd like the ability to output 1080p to a TV via HDMI like I can with the HOX but its not critical. I wish they didn't make the GS3 so fecking hideous because that phone with the GNEX body would have been ideal.
Yeah i hear you.. im hoping that the nexus isnt too far off. Just a few things you should know. The screen could be a possible issue. Some suffer from a Purple Tint at low brightnesses, however this is Fixable as in my case i had this at ~10% brightness and fixed it with trinity and screen contrast. Another thing will be image rentention. You will notice this as well, but its only bad if it NEVER goes away. Not to drive you away at all.. just to make you aware of a few things.
Nexus 5: Paranoid RastaKat / Faux123
Nexus 7 FHD: Paranoid RastKat / Faux123

slvrarrow
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ‹BERô View Post
Yeah i hear you.. im hoping that the nexus isnt too far off. Just a few things you should know. The screen could be a possible issue. Some suffer from a Purple Tint at low brightnesses, however this is Fixable as in my case i had this at ~10% brightness and fixed it with trinity and screen contrast. Another thing will be image rentention. You will notice this as well, but its only bad if it NEVER goes away. Not to drive you away at all.. just to make you aware of a few things.
Yeh I've read up on that how do you avoid permanent screen burn?

And I know its superficial but just out of curiosity what do you get on Quadrant with Trinity? (I hear either Franco or Trinity is the best?)

‹BERô
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 8926

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yeh I've read up on that how do you avoid permanent screen burn?

And I know its superficial but just out of curiosity what do you get on Quadrant with Trinity? (I hear either Franco or Trinity is the best?)
Dont know how to avoid it but i havent seen it since using Trinity's Color code which is also in the Samurai Kernel. I actually normally use the Samurai Kernel by Earthbound.iap. I favor his kernel tremendously but Trinity suffices until he puts out a new kernel and his kernel app he has been working on. As for quadrant i dont ever run them.. typically but i've gotten around 4000 or so... which most is I/O however for the CPU score i get 7300 or so and GPU 2d and 3d are 200/2500 or so. I also am using the one with the GPU overclocked to 537.
Nexus 5: Paranoid RastaKat / Faux123
Nexus 7 FHD: Paranoid RastKat / Faux123

slvrarrow
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ‹BERô View Post
Dont know how to avoid it but i havent seen it since using Trinity's Color code which is also in the Samurai Kernel. I actually normally use the Samurai Kernel by Earthbound.iap. I favor his kernel tremendously but Trinity suffices until he puts out a new kernel and his kernel app he has been working on. As for quadrant i dont ever run them.. typically but i've gotten around 4000 or so... which most is I/O however for the CPU score i get 7300 or so and GPU 2d and 3d are 200/2500 or so. I also am using the one with the GPU overclocked to 537.
Would it be possible for someone to go to theverge.com on desktop mode and scroll to let me know the smoothness?

rayiskon
Old
Thanks Meter 1143
Quote:
Would it be possible for someone to go to theverge.com on desktop mode and scroll to let me know the smoothness?
Just tried it on desktop mode and it's smooth, no lags at all whether during scrolling or zooming in/out, took around 5sec to load the full page in desktop mode, which i think is pretty quick comparing to other browsers.
As mentioned before, the only concern u might want to have about the nexus is display related, just make sure u get a good one, i was lucky and mine came just fine, but i see people here getting second and third replacements.. trust me the browser is way better than any other out there, including HOX and S3

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

slvrarrow
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayiskon View Post
Just tried it on desktop mode and it's smooth, no lags at all whether during scrolling or zooming in/out, took around 5sec to load the full page in desktop mode, which i think is pretty quick comparing to other browsers.
As mentioned before, the only concern u might want to have about the nexus is display related, just make sure u get a good one, i was lucky and mine came just fine, but i see people here getting second and third replacements.. trust me the browser is way better than any other out there, including HOX and S3

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
What should I be looking for and how do I test it?

AdrianE46
Old
Thanks Meter 75
I love my nexus, I really do. But if i were in your place i'd keep that sweet one x (great phone in my opinion) until the next nexus comes out.
Theres nothing wrong with your phone, and is certainly worth keeping for a few months at least, after which you'll have the "latest nexus".
If you decide to go with the gnex i don't think you'll regret it, since it's a good phone, after you root and tweak it a little (color control, volume).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus.

slvrarrow
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianE46 View Post
I love my nexus, I really do. But if i were in your place i'd keep that sweet one x (great phone in my opinion) until the next nexus comes out.
Theres nothing wrong with your phone, and is certainly worth keeping for a few months at least, after which you'll have the "latest nexus".
If you decide to go with the gnex i don't think you'll regret it, since it's a good phone, after you root and tweak it a little (color control, volume).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus.
Thing is though, I have the option to sell the One X then buy the Nexus and have 100 quid left over as a result ... plus the current trade in value of the One X at the place I trade phones in is only 40 quid more than the Nexus, so I wouldn't be losing out much for when the new Nexus comes out?

Whoops!
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Thing is though, I have the option to sell the One X then buy the Nexus and have 100 quid left over as a result ... plus the current trade in value of the One X at the place I trade phones in is only 40 quid more than the Nexus, so I wouldn't be losing out much for when the new Nexus comes out?
If you keep sitting on the fence, you'll end up with a sore backside! LOL

slvrarrow
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoops! View Post
If you keep sitting on the fence, you'll end up with a sore backside! LOL
Its a tough decision as I'm obviously getting rid of the better hardware but for something equally capable in the real world and with most dev/Google support!