Can't Copy Titanium Backup Files to My PC

OP thusband

11th July 2012, 05:19 PM   |  #21  
Flag Brittany - France
Thanks Meter: 6

15 posts
More
Hi everybody,

Since I have my GN, I always had this problem, or near... Most of the time after a backup with TitaniumBackup, I just had to reboot before having the possibility to see the folder in Windows via MTP... I hate MTP !
But today, I wanted to upgrade to JB, and do it with a full wipe, factory reset. But I couldn't find my Titanium Backup folder ! I rebooted 5 times, I changed drivers, I tried another PC with Windows XP and all the time I only could see old folders ... Like a ghost of my Internal memory.
I tried all wipes except format and full wipe, I fixed permissions, I tried SCrescan ... Nothing fixed the problem

BUT I FINALLY FIND THE SOLUTION :
  • If you have a custom Kernel, with the app (like Franco + Franco Updater), DISABLE the option "LOGGER OFF" !

I know it sounds stupid, because it was made to avoid the internal memory scan, but I enabled it a long time ago, and I forgot it...
For me after a reboot the problem was fixed ! I only lost 5 hours of my time to backup ...

If it fixed your problem, hit the "Thanks" button
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tanker01 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd July 2012, 04:59 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 2

92 posts
Hey all,

As the warning splash mentions, simply ENABLE USB DEBUGGING. The caused the Titanium folder to INSTANTLY show up on my computer when it seemed to be missing.

Let me know if this helped,

Thanks,

Matt!
3rd August 2012, 06:43 PM   |  #23  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 10

30 posts
More
Shows up fine for me, but it just won't copy over to the PC (some files do, some don't from the same folder). And yes, USB debugging is enabled. Reboot sometimes helps, often not. I resort to using "Terminal Emulator" to tar/gzip the directory, and copy that over instead.
3rd August 2012, 06:50 PM   |  #24  
Recognized Developer
Flag Pueblo, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 5,411

2,356 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmcrash

Shows up fine for me, but it just won't copy over to the PC (some files do, some don't from the same folder). And yes, USB debugging is enabled. Reboot sometimes helps, often not. I resort to using "Terminal Emulator" to tar/gzip the directory, and copy that over instead.

I trust ADB more than any native MTP functionality.

adb pull /SDCARD/ /sdcard/TitaniumBackup
(Not sure of the exact location...or capitalization...but I think that's it)

This will put your TB folder in an "SDCARD" folder in your C:\ drive.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jubakuba For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th September 2012, 04:22 AM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 8

31 posts
Not quite...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubakuba

Actually its adb pull /sdcard/titaniumbackup/ /sdcard

ADB pull [remote] [local]

This will pull from the folder titanium backup and put it in a folder c:/sdcard
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easycheese For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd October 2012, 11:32 AM   |  #26  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
Thumbs down Royal
I am having the same issues here.

I had to copy everything to the DCIM directory and reconnect the cable to see the backup files. This works... but as I don't like console I used a filemanager and on many files it's going to be a time consuming task.

It's really a royal pain in the ass not to be able to see phone contents from the file explorer in windows. And something that should be addressed as soon as possible (Right after the 3Gb bug of the Nexus 7)
15th December 2012, 07:18 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanker01

Hi everybody,

Since I have my GN, I always had this problem, or near... Most of the time after a backup with TitaniumBackup, I just had to reboot before having the possibility to see the folder in Windows via MTP... I hate MTP !
But today, I wanted to upgrade to JB, and do it with a full wipe, factory reset. But I couldn't find my Titanium Backup folder ! I rebooted 5 times, I changed drivers, I tried another PC with Windows XP and all the time I only could see old folders ... Like a ghost of my Internal memory.
I tried all wipes except format and full wipe, I fixed permissions, I tried SCrescan ... Nothing fixed the problem

BUT I FINALLY FIND THE SOLUTION :

• If you have a custom Kernel, with the app (like Franco + Franco Updater), DISABLE the option "LOGGER OFF" !

I know it sounds stupid, because it was made to avoid the internal memory scan, but I enabled it a long time ago, and I forgot it...
For me after a reboot the problem was fixed ! I only lost 5 hours of my time to backup ...

If it fixed your problem, hit the "Thanks" button

BINGO! you're the man! Thanks! that was my problem as well.
25th December 2012, 02:29 AM   |  #28  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 25

69 posts
More
Thumbs up
I had the same problem with my new Nexus 4, and found a solution that doesn't require a custom kernel - what you need to do is CHANGE TB folder location (via TB) from storage/emulated/0/TBfolder to storage/sdcard0/TBfolder - and now while connected to MTP you can see your backups correctly.

Hope it works for GNex too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flintberg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th December 2012, 04:17 AM   |  #29  
Flag Scranton
Thanks Meter: 84

379 posts
Adb can pull folders or files?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubakuba

I've been looking for a way to backup my 4.2.1 cwm backups to mac. I've tried this command "./adb pull /data/media/clockworkmod/ /Users/x09177310519/Desktop/"...terminal output is "remote object '/data/media/clockworkmod/' does not exist". Ideas?
2nd July 2013, 01:20 AM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Question Question About Nandroid Backup & Kernel
If I make a nandroid backup of SmoothROM with the Franco kernel, is it possible to reinstall SmoothROM, choose a new kernel (Motley), and then go back into Recovery and restore the nandroid backup? Will this result in a SmoothROM install with the Motley kernel or will the backup restore the Franco kernel as well? Using TWRP v2.5.0.0 to create the nandroid backup. Backup was made with all boxes checked (System, Cache, Data, Boot, Recovery). Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread